Monday, October 19, 2009

Daybook Entry - 10/18



FOR TODAY, Sunday, October 18, 2009... (published Monday)

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW...

It's after 10 p.m. I don't have a post for tomorrow (Today!). So a day book entry seems like a good idea. At least I'm being honest!

I AM THINKING...

I'm ready to go to bed. Why didn't I write something today? It's nice to take a day off now and again. :-)

I AM THANKFUL FOR...

The weekend to rest and recharge. I haven't felt very good this weekend (neck pain), so it was nice to take it easy and not do much of anything for a change. And I don't have any plans for Monday either...just grocery shopping and housework. I'm looking forward to it.

FROM THE LEARNING ROOMS...

I'm doing the Esther study by Beth Moore and really enjoying it. Both my kids love school and are doing great.

FROM THE KITCHEN...

Made a pot of chili for dinner, perfect for the cold (58 degrees), rainy day. We had some cornbread too.

I AM WEARING...

My pjs

I AM CREATING...

This blog post, so I have something on my blog in the morning!

I AM GOING...

to bed! I can't wait. I'm exhausted.

I AM READING...

Just finished an advance copy of a book that is being published in January. I can't say more, except I loved it. I'll be completing a questionnaire on it later this week. Fun times!

I AM HOPING...

My neck will feel better. I visited the chiropractor on Friday, so I'm thinking it will improve.

I AM HEARING...

The hum of the PC

AROUND THE HOUSE...

Kids asleep, hubby watching the military channel. Time for bed!

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

Kissing my kids goodnight one more time after they are sound asleep. Their little faces are like cherubs.

A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK:

Bible study, heading to a brunch, Thursday is my cooking co-op day, and a field trip with my 5th grader. So Monday (today)is my big day to do stuff around the house. **Updated this morning to say I have a sick 5th grader who will be staying home from school today too.**

HERE ARE THE PICTURES I AM SHARING:

The girls with the puppy we are getting on the 31st.





Chatty Kelly

16 comments:

Sharon@JoyInTheTruth said...

Oh this was a great post! Love it!

Chili and cornbread sounds perfect for a rainy Sunday. We had home-made chicken pot pie as we watched the Eagles.

Love you friend!
Sharon

Diane said...

Chili sounds great! Cute dog and lovely girls. :O)

Julie Gillies said...

Hi Kelly,

I enjoyed this post--it's like a glimpse into your everyday life. Fun!

LOVE your new puppy. Absolutely adorable!

Oh, and I'm so sorry your 5th grader is sick--hope she gets better fast!

Gotta Have Faith said...

I hear you! I was exhausted this weekend! I was away on business last week and by the time I got home I was just drained of all energy. It took me all weekend to recover. The pictures of your puppy and daughter are so cute!

Take Care,

Steve

2Thinks said...

Gosh these girls are cute and so is their new puppy- lucky dog.

A co-op cooking day sounds like a good idea.

I do hope your neck feels better soon!

KrippledWarrior said...

Is that the dog that chewed your new shoes? Try an ice pack on your neck. 10 minutes on. 10 minutes off. for 3 cycles. The only thing a qwacktopractor does is make your wallet easier to carry, by taking the money out of it for you.
What tim should I show up for Chili and cornbread?

Carmen said...

Oh Kelly, you're such a Mom...I love that about you. Cute girls and puppy! Wish I was eating that chili...it's getting pretty cool up here in Canada. A speedy recovery for your daughter...I'll add her on my list with Chelsea!

Linda said...

I did the Esther study a few months ago and was really blessed by it. I'm glad you are enjoying it. Aren't we lucky to have a teacher like Beth in our lifetime?

Hope your neck feels better. ; )

Irritable Mother said...

Grocery shopping on Monday? What a great idea!!! *grin*
Hope your neck is feeling better. My back has been giving me problems and I'm tired of the pain. Imagine you are, too.

Oooo! Hubby just came home with a bloody finger. Makes me forget my back. Think I'll see if I can help him.

Bonita said...

Look at you daybooking! Comes in handy when you're too tired to post or can't think of something to say, doesn't it? Hope you got some rest and that your neck feels better soon.

Edie said...

You're up late!

I've been wanting to do that Esther study. Sounds good.

Mmmm, chili sounds good.

Hope your neck feels better soon.

Love the pictures. The girls look so cute with their new puppy. So who will be taking care of this new addition to the family? *wink*

Laurie said...

Hope you got some good rest:) What a neat post. Chili, yum! Enjoy your day, Love, Laurie

LisaShaw said...

Love the photos! Adorable!!!

Jeanette Levellie said...

Thanks for sharing; I trust your neck is better today!

Oh, the girls look elated over the puppy! I don't blame them one bit...

Blessings,
Jen
Audience of ONE

Greg C said...

You do know that that puppy is going to be huge? Look at the feet on that thing. I think I need an official day off. I am just missing days these days.

Beverlydru said...

This little puppy is going to provide a lot of blog material I suspect. So cute - but the cuteness of your girls still takes first place.