Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday - 10/22

1 Chronicles 29:13 -- Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.

1. For God's unfailing love and wonderful deeds.
Psalm 107:8, 15, 21 & 31 ALL four say, "Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men."

2. For answered prayers.
Psalm 118:21 -- I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation.

3. For communion, taking the bread and cup to become part of the body of Christ.
1 Corinthians 10:16 -- Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ?

4. For fellow believers to strengthen and encourage me.
1 Corinthians 1:4 -- I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.

5. For victory over death.
1 Corinthians 15:57 -- But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.


I am also thankful that my 5th grader is recovering from her flu, and that no one else has caught it. It's been a long & tiresome week, but I am thankful for the opportunity to reflect and be thankful!

What are you thankful for this week? Leave a comment, or click the button below to link up at Truth 4 the Journey.

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Chatty Kelly

18 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

sweet list. glad your girl is recovering. where are my capitals?

Laurie said...

Hi sister,
What a great list w/the Scriptures. Sorry your daughter had the flu, but I'm glad she is better! I want to join Titus 2, but my computer is so slow this morning. I am excited about you all's new endeavor! Love, Laurie

Greg C said...

I used to say Thank God for unanswered prayers but he always answers them. We just always don't see the plan. Great list today Kelly.

Andrea said...

Great thankful list. Hope you are having a wonderful day and all your little ones are well.
Blessings, andrea

Divine Mrs D said...

I like your list. :) And I'm glad that your kids are better!

Kristen said...

Wonderful list. I've got my inspiration for the day!

Mocha with Linda said...

Love your list. Glad your child is on the mend!

Melissa said...

Amen! Thanks for sharing your list!

Yolanda said...

Kelly,

I'm so thankful for your heart for Jesus.

Love,
Yolanda

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Very thoughtful list this week. I really enjoyed each scripture that you posted.

Praying for health over there!

Love you!
Sonya

Runner Mom said...

So glad that your baby girl is feeling better. Y'all take care!

Hugs!
Susan

Heart2Heart said...

Kelly,

I too am thankful for the things you have listed here. What a beautiful way to share with God our thankfulness.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Lea said...

WOW GIRL!
Loved the scriptures!
Glad your girl is feelin better!
STAY HEALTHY
Love ya,
L

Sharon@JoyInTheTruth said...

Hey -- love the scriptures this week! :)

Glad your cherubs is getting well!

KrippledWarrior said...

I'm thankful my sins are forgiven and forgotten. That God's love is unconditional and free for the taking.

Lisa said...

Thanking God with you for each answered prayer. I often think, who am I that He is so mindful of me. A merciful, loving Father.
Blessings ~ Lisa

pinkyshelo said...

I love your list.. Shows the Lord's abounding love to us..

Jane In The Jungle said...

Great list Kelly, sounds like our weeks were similar.