Saturday, March 7, 2009

Thanks to all!

Thank you so much to my friends for the care, concern & prayers yesterday. My husband had to have a labrum (hip) repair. The cartilage in his hip was torn and had to be fixed. He is home recovering and will be on crutches at between 2-4 weeks. Ironically, as he watched ESPN this morning, they announced that Alex Rodriquez (A-Rod) of the Yankees will be having the same surgery.

Special thanks to my sister, My ADHD Me (Mary), for helping with the kids and for the moral support too. Thanks to Tammy (not a blogger) for the after-school to evening childcare, and to my bible study gals for lifting me up. Sue J led the group in my absence, and The Patterson 5 lifted us in prayer all morning. And all of YOU bloggy friends who prayed for us, or offered comments of support.

I am so blessed with so many loving people in my life. Thank you all!

Matthew 25:40 -- {Jesus said} 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'




Chatty Kelly

10 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Crutches? Oh bless his heart! I had them for a week with my broken foot and I thought my arms were going to fall off. Not to mention the frustrations of not being able to carry coffee or anything else!

Hugs to you.

Mary Moss said...

Kelly, so glad the surgery went well. Isn't it a blessing to know so many people are providing both tangible, physical and spiritual help for us in times of need!

Sue J. said...

I still wish I knew how to get you a few more hours sleep. Hope you were able to get a few zzz's this afternoon.

Glad the first day has gone well, all things considered....

My ADHD Me said...

You're welcome.

To bad it takes your husbands surgery for you and I to get together for dinner.

Vashti said...

Glad it went well. My hubby would milk it for all its worth if he was put on crutches! Wonder how yours will do;-)
have a blessed Sunday!
x

Edie said...

Glad the surgery went well. Praying for his healing and rest for you. Praise God for good friends and family.

LisaShaw said...

I thank God that all went well and may your husband being full recovered and healed soon in Jesus Name.

Bless you Kelly!

Mrs. Sidney said...

I am glad to hear he is doing better. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

Kelly,
I'll be praying for your hubby to heal quickly! I think while he's mending he should have a BELL don't you???????????????????????????? lol

Get well soon Mr. C!

Thanks for sharing your TIPS with me!
I think your right about the comforter set, and especially all the furniture finishes! EGADS... !

Have a wonderful evening and take good care of you hubby!
Holykisses
L

Carmen Gamble said...

Hi Kelly, Glad to hear your hubby's doing well after surgery!