Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

<
Birthday Cake

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY! You are dearly loved and appreciated. Enjoy your special day and don't worry about the confetti on the floor. I'll be glad to sweep it up for you at the end of the day.

~~~~~~~
This blog has been hijacked! (sort of with permission) Everyone get in the comment box and wish Kelly the best birthday ever! :D
~~~~~~~

We now return you to your regularly scheduled post. Scroll down.

div align="left">I love my birthday! Many people down play their birthday, or get upset at aging, but I love my birthday. It is "MY" special day. My day to be the special, the center of attention, to get lavished with lots of attention and special wishes.

As most of my followers know, I grew up in a household where I didn't feel special. As a matter of fact, I often felt unloved. I worked so hard to be good enough to earn the love and approval I sought, without avail. My mom is mentally ill and an alcoholic. She couldn't look past her self, and only related to people in what they did for her.

So some how over the years, my birthday has taken significance as a day where I am "important." As a little girl I clutched tightly to my birthday as the day I will finally be noticed, special and loved. Yet, I am a woman now.

Having a birthday doesn't make me special. In fact, everyone I know has one! (I'll bet you do too!) No, the thing that makes me "special" is the fact that I have a Heavenly Father. I don't have to be good enough to earn his love. He loved me while I was still a sinner, and he continues to love and accept me, even when I mess up.

Are you trying desperately to be noticed, loved or special? Here is a love letter from your Heavenly Father. Read it and know that it is true, based on scripture. You are special. I am special. Just because God loves us.


My Child,
You may not know me,
but I know everything about you.
Psalm 139:1
I know when you sit down and when you rise up.
Psalm 139:2
I am familiar with all your ways.
Psalm 139:3
Even the very hairs on your head are numbered.
Matthew 10:29-31
For you were made in my image.
Genesis 1:27
In me you live and move and have your being.
Acts 17:28
For you are my offspring.
Acts 17:28
I knew you even before you were conceived.
Jeremiah 1:4-5
I chose you when I planned creation.
Ephesians 1:11-12
You were not a mistake,
for all your days are written in my book.
Psalm 139:15-16
I determined the exact time of your birth
and where you would live.
Acts 17:26
You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
Psalm 139:14
I knit you together in your mother's womb.
Psalm 139:13
And brought you forth on the day you were born.
Psalm 71:6
I have been misrepresented
by those who don't know me.
John 8:41-44
I am not distant and angry,
but am the complete expression of love.
1 John 4:16
And it is my desire to lavish my love on you.
1 John 3:1
Simply because you are my child
and I am your Father.
1 John 3:1
I offer you more than your earthly father ever could.
Matthew 7:11
For I am the perfect father.
Matthew 5:48
Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand.
James 1:17
For I am your provider and I meet all your needs.
Matthew 6:31-33
My plan for your future has always been filled with hope.
Jeremiah 29:11
Because I love you with an everlasting love.
Jeremiah 31:3
My thoughts toward you are countless
as the sand on the seashore.
Psalms 139:17-18
And I rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17
I will never stop doing good to you.
Jeremiah 32:40
For you are my treasured possession.
Exodus 19:5
I desire to establish you
with all my heart and all my soul.
Jeremiah 32:41
And I want to show you great and marvelous things.
Jeremiah 33:3
If you seek me with all your heart,
you will find me.
Deuteronomy 4:29
Delight in me and I will give you
the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4
For it is I who gave you those desires.
Philippians 2:13
I am able to do more for you
than you could possibly imagine.
Ephesians 3:20
For I am your greatest encourager.
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
I am also the Father who comforts you
in all your troubles.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
When you are brokenhearted,
I am close to you.
Psalm 34:18
As a shepherd carries a lamb,
I have carried you close to my heart.
Isaiah 40:11
One day I will wipe away
every tear from your eyes.
Revelation 21:3-4
And I'll take away all the pain
you have suffered on this earth.
Revelation 21:3-4
I am your Father, and I love you
even as I love my son, Jesus.
John 17:23
For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed.
John 17:26
He is the exact representation of my being.
Hebrews 1:3
He came to demonstrate that I am for you,
not against you.
Romans 8:31
And to tell you that I am not counting your sins.
2 Corinthians 5:18-19
Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled.
2 Corinthians 5:18-19
His death was the ultimate expression
of my love for you.
1 John 4:10
I gave up everything I loved
that I might gain your love.
Romans 8:31-32
If you receive the gift of my son Jesus,
you receive me.
1 John 2:23
And nothing will ever separate you
from my love again.
Romans 8:38-39
Come home and I'll throw the biggest party
heaven has ever seen.
Luke 15:7
I have always been Father,
and will always be Father.
Ephesians 3:14-15
My question is…
Will you be my child?
John 1:12-13
I am waiting for you.
Luke 15:11-32

Love, Your Dad
Almighty God


Father's Love Letter used by permission Father Heart Communications Copyright 1999-2009 www.FathersLoveLetter.com

Chatty Kelly

53 comments:

Tammy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!

Have a great day,
Tammy

Sue J. said...

A birthday bloggy hijacking....it's the perfect gift. (Edie, you continue to amaze!!)

Happy Birthday! I know it doesn't have the punch of last year's number, but, think of it as being 10 more ice cream cone flavors on top of the norm.

Let's do coffee, and I just might have a little something to go with that....

Love YOU!!

Mary Moss said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your very "special" day:-)

Vashti said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!
Have a wonderful, blessed day.
Lots of love and hugs......V x

Dena said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You inspire me by the way you accept and celebrate turning another year older. Personally, I try to down play my special day. Perhaps hoping it will go away if I ignore it. Have a GREAT day!!
VSK

Beverlydru said...

I got a BIG smile when I saw the decorations that Edie added. How perfect is that?? You are loved. By me and lots and lots of people!! Enjoy your day. xoxoxoxo

LisaShaw said...

Happy Birthday Kelly and enjoy your day and life in the LORD.

Blessings and peace!

B His Girl said...

Happy Birthday Bloggy Friend! I pray the Lord continues to pour out His blessings on you. B

The Patterson 5 said...

Happy Birthday! I love the cake Edie made it's sooo fancy! Have a great day!

Truth4thejourney said...

Happy Birthday, Kelly!! I think your approach to your birthday is great.

Finding our worth in Christ is really what true contentment is all about.

Psalm 139 is paramount and every Christian should read it DAILY!

I Love you!
Sonya

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

Have a wonderful special day celebrating YOU and the woman that God is creating in you....

Things Above said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Kelly! Happy Birthday to you! May you be filled to overflowing with the joy of the LORD today! Love, Heather

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

Happy Birthday sweet lady! I am so happy that you have so many people that love you and want to wish you a happy birthday. I hope you have the best day ever!

Many blessings friend,
Beth

Mocha with Linda said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!! Have a wonderful day!!

Susan D said...

Happy Birthday Kelly. Hope you have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious kind of day! Blessings, Susan

PS You've given me a new outlook on birthdays.

On Purpose said...

Happy Birthday Kelly...may you feel like the beautiful princess He created you to be.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Happy Birthday Kelly. I hope you have a fabulous day, I really loved your precious devotion

Patrice said...

Happy Birthday!! Have a great day!!

Joy in The Truth said...

OH HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU KELLY!!!!!!! I PRAY HIS RICHEST BLESSINGS ON YOU TODAY!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THAT FATHER'S LOVE LETTER -- IT'S A FAVORITE! ALWAYS A BLESSING TO RE-READ IT! :) IT'S JUST AMAZING!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! WHAT KIND OF CAKE WILL YOU HAVE WITH YOUR COFFEE???

Nel said...

Happy Birthday. Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Edie said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!! I see this cake only has ONE candle. :)

I love the Father's Love Letter. That is awesome.

Enjoy your special day my friend!!

Greg C said...

Happy Birthday Kelly. I hope it is a special one. We have a family birthday tomorrow. My little one turns 12. Isn't it great that we were able to break the mold that our parents made for us.

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday. Love the love letter and how beautifully you blog is decorated for your special day:)

Carol said...

Happy Birthday! :)

Carol said...

Happy Birthday! :)

Edie said...

Hey Kelly! You have a comment at my blog in your birthday post. It's from Alice. She tried to leave a comment over here but had trouble so she came back to my post and asked me to make sure you got it. :)

Melanie Dorsey said...

Happy Day!
I'm so glad we have connected through blogging.
You are SPECIAL.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Debbie said...

I heard about your birthday in cyberspace! Happy Birthday to you!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday......GOD Bless you on your journey serving Him.
love and prayers, andrea

http://arise2write.blogspot.com
http://andrealuvsallgodscreatures.blogspot.com

Jeanne S. said...

Happy birthday! Hope you are having a great day.

Debra said...

Very Happy Birthday!
Love, Debra

Kelley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kelley!! I hope your day is as special as you are (yikes, that sounds like something off of a Hallmark card, lol). Seriously, thanks for taking the time to visit and encourage me on YOUR big day!!

See ya soon,
Kelley

Edie said...

Hey girl, Sheriff John was actually on air from 1952 to 1970. I'm not that old either ya know! LOL!

Susanne said...

A very happy birthday to to you! May your day be extra special!

Sue J. said...

I see the party is still in full swing! Don't bring in the brooms quite yet, Edie!

How special is that?

How special are YOU!!!!

Hope you still look and feel as lovely as when I saw you earlier...I know you do on the inside :-)

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

Happy Birthday to youuuuu
Happy birthday tooooo youuuuuuu
Happpy birrrrthday dearrrr Kel lyyyy
HappPpPpPppY BirrrrrrthdayYyyYYyYYy
ToOOooOOooOOOo
YouuUUuUUuUuuuUUu
SMOOCHY HOLYKISSES
Love ya,
Lea

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday. I have visited a couple of time. The blogs are always uplifting and encouraging. Keep up the good work.

God's girl said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!! I hope the birthday party stays around for a little bit! Very, very cute! You're a blessing!!!!


"They like you, they really like you!"

Well, I'm off to go visit Edie and tell her when my birthday is:)

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Barb said...

Hope you had a beautiful, blessed day in the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you...There is going to be another very special birthday, saturday March 14th. Please help me in making it a very special day for my daughter...Nichole over @ Livingmylifeonpurpose...P.S. try to spread the news to as many blogger friends as possable I would love to over flow her with tons of blessing for she is a wonderful daughter.
Love, Hugs and Prayers
Laurie
Keep it a surprise till Saturday....

AnooCre8ion said...

Happy birthday Kelly. Hope you had a wonderful day in the Lord.

blessings,
Vickie

Edie said...

Look at how popular you are! :)

KelliGirl said...

Happy birthday, Kelly! I hope your day was as beautiful and special as you.

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Enjoy your day
Blessings

My ADHD Me said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!!

OK, the post is a day late but you got the phone call!!!

Happy Birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

P.S. Yesterday was an excused absence because our cable was down!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

My ADHD Me said...

Thanks for saving me a piece of cake.
It's still fresh!!

God's girl said...

I read your comment on my post and I chuckled:) Thanks for clarifying the "great post". You're funny and I love you. I'm glad you are my sister in Christ. If we never meet here on earth, I will be looking for you in heaven so I can greet you and take a drink of your soda when you aren't looking:)

sailorcross said...

I'm a day late, but Happy Birthday, Kelly!!

I hope you enjoyed your special day--and it is special--it is the day that God brought your forth into this world!

Beth

Carmen Gamble said...

Happy (belated but well intentioned) Birthday wishes Kelly! I hope you had a wonderful day! It's been a while since I've read the Father's Love Letter. The poem, not the book! LOL...You are obviously very loved by many!

sahala napitupulu said...

Happy Birthday Kelly !
Blessing in Jesus'name pour out on you.

Have a great day,
Christian blogger,Jakarta.

Edie said...

Now I know how YOU felt on Tuesday Tips day. No one has gotten it yet. It was the longest running childrens show and no one except me watched it. And I didn't start watching it til more than half it's life was over! LOL!

Bonita said...

Sorry I missed your big day. Hope you had a happy one. What great friends you have!