Friday, March 13, 2009

Custom Maid

I have a maid service. I've mentioned before that I am blessed by this wonderful service! Every other week they come and clean bathrooms, change linens, vacuum, mop, dust, everything. Some people have said things like "it must be nice never to have to clean your house!" WRONG!

The maid's will dust the table if it isn't covered with books, magazines and school papers. They'll vacuum the floor if it isn't covered with toys and shoes. They'll scour the sink, if it isn't full of dishes. They don't straighted up. They clean. I am still responsible for straightening up the mess, or the cleaning won't be fully done.

Jesus died on the cross to clean up the sin in our lives. Through him we are washed clean as snow! But we are still responsible for straighten up the "mess." That means we need to look at our lives. What things are still messing up your life? There are so many things, big or small. Addictions to soap operas, romance novels, chocolate, alcohol, and drugs are all possible. Even addiction to the Internet. The Bible says anything we put before God can be an idol. Do I put my TV and computer time before my "God time."

Jesus cleans up the stains of our sin, and better than the maids he wants to help us straighted up our lives. First we should pray about what clutter needs to be removed. Then clean it up! Gossip, bitterness, lack of self-control...Jesus isn't going to leave you alone to do the work. He's here to help. But you have to shoulder some of the work too.

Get busy straightening up your messes today with God's help. Jesus will make sure you're maid made holy.

Psalm 51:2 -- Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.

Matthew 8:2-3 -- A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean." Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" Immediately he was cured of his leprosy.

Matthew 23:25, 26 -- Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

Chatty Kelly

20 comments:

Jenny said...

What a great perspective:)

The Patterson 5 said...

Sometimes cleaning up all that clutter can be painful! Thankfully we have a God who reveals things in our lives that need to be cut out, through His Word. Thank you for sharing this with us today!

Vashti said...

Great analogy!
I also have a maid. Hle cleans for me every day. When we 1st moved here I swore that I would NEVER hire a Zulu girl to do my cleaning. Every one here has a Zulu maid and I thought it was a bit off. Then Hle lost her home in the floods and with a new born (Amahle) she had nowhere to live and no money to care for her baby. I hired her to clean and moved them in with us. Now they live in the pool house and my home is spotless! Its great!! Only problem is nothing gets put in the same place. Every day I spend time looking for the simplest of things.....where are my hair straightners?? Are they in the draw with my drier where they are supposed to be?? NO!!

I think we need to clean our own clutter, after all it is ours and we are the ones who know EXACTLY where to put our clutter......AT HIS FEET!

Have an awesome day.
xx

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

You hit it spot on again, as usual! I love what you've shared here....thank you!

Susan D said...

Great post! Have a great weekend. Blessings, SusanD

Greg C said...

And don't forget that we need to call the maid service if we want them to clean up for us. If you don't call they will never come. The same goes for Jesus. If you don't call on him for help, he won't come. Great post Kelly.

MOMSWEB said...

This was a blessing; I enjoyed my visit!

Joy in The Truth said...

OK, changing the linens...that's big! Oh, so enjoy that service girlfriend!

Love the analogy. My pastor always says, "Jesus doesn't clean the fish before He catches them. Come as you are. He cleans you after He has your heart." :) Love that.

Gotta run and go do some straigtening up.......

God's girl said...

As always, amazing post.

If my memory serves me correctly, I don't think anything will be hidden in heaven; therefore, I don't think your soda will be too safe:)

Melanie Dorsey said...

I like this, Kelly!
Melanie@Bella~Mella

T. Anne said...

Great post! I used to have a family friend who would come and clean up every week, but at one point I thought it wasn't enough. There was too much I had to do before they got there and then about one day later the house reverted back to its previous state. It's been a while now and I deeply miss having that service!

I love your analogy. It's true in my life on so many levels. I am constantly having to ask Jesus to cleanse me of sin. What a slippery road to Heaven!

AnooCre8ion said...

Beautiful post. Very true.

Vickie

LisaShaw said...

Great analogy Kelly. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Mary Moss said...

Another great post, Kelly. Such a wonderful application:-)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love your blog. So glad I ran across it in my blog reading. That was a great word. This has been a week I have been cleaning up some clutter

I am new to the blog world and have so much to learn.

When you have some time, stop by for a visit!

Teresa

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

YahOOOoOOoOoOoO

AWESOME post!
Just think of all thee idols GOIN DOWN NOW. Sometimes we just fail to see them for what they reeeeeally are!
Im off to clean up a *mess*
SWEET HOLYKISSES,
Lea

Marla said...

I still have alot of clutter in my life. I think that you have to work on your clutter everyday. We can never be perfect. Good post Kelly!

Edie said...

How do you come up with these analogies? Words to live by as usual. I'm still in the decluttering stages. Ugh!

Have a great weekend!!

Bonita said...

Great analogy, but I'm sure I could grasp it a whole lot better if my husband would spring for a maid service. I mean I just know I'd get the whole "cleaning up your messes thing" if I had to do it because of maids and all. My birthday is coming so I think I'll ask for a maid service to help me grow spiritually. Think it will work?

Susan said...

What a fabulous analogy, Kelly!!