Monday, March 16, 2009

Run Back to Jesus

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that made me laugh out loud. It said "Try Jesus! If you don't like him, the devil will always take you back." While that bumper sticker is funny, the truth isn't! The devil isn't just waiting to "take" us back, the devil is working all the time to try and get us! He wants nothing more than to steal us away from Jesus and harm us emotionally and physically, and rob us of our eternal life.

Then there is Jesus. He too is trying to get us back when we stray. The video below is a wonderful depiction of this.

For the first minute and 30 seconds, the girl experiences life with Jesus and all that he has to offer. But then sin steps in. First comes, lust, then greed, drunkenness and vanity. Finally depression steps in. Each separates her farther from Jesus. But he continues to intercede on her behalf the entire time. Finally, she runs to him. It isn't easy. She must fight against these sins. Finally, finally, Jesus steps in to separate her from her sin.

I encourage you to watch this video today. If you haven't seen it before, the intensity of it may very well bring tears to your eyes.

Don't let the devil separate you from God. Run as hard and fast as you can toward Jesus. He is there waiting for you, interceding for you, pulling for you, and ready to step in and save you from your sins. Don't wait. Run!


Isaiah 59:1, 2 -- Surely the arm of the LORD is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear. But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you.

Romans 8:35,38-39 -- Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Zephaniah 3:17 -- The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.

Chatty Kelly

20 comments:

Julie Gillies said...

I've seen this video before, Kelly. It's excellent!

You're so right--the enemy comes only to kill, steal and destroy. Amazingly, many people think the devil is a figment of our imaginations...exactly what he wants. I'm grateful for the TRUTH, who is a PERSON named JESUS.

Sue J. said...

A classic....

You may need to watch more than once, just to see everybody's actions/expressions. Don't miss what Jesus is doing, even as you are watching the girl. And don't miss the point that we CANNOT flee Satan/sin under our own power! But, that doesn't mean we sit idly by without doing anything.

Yes, very powerful! Haven't seen that bumper sticker yet, either....

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

This is one of my favorite videos...I am in hopes of having our youth group present it. Great post!

Dorothy Champagne said...

I've also seen this video - it's so true. When Satan keeps pulling at us is when we need to run to Jesus - great point!

B His Girl said...

What a reminder of all the things that are trying to keep us from a life walking with Jesus. Thanks Kelly. May you dance with Him today. B

Mocha with Linda said...

Great words, and a classic video.

My ADHD Me said...

Wow! Where did these goosebumps come from.

I see way too much in this clip.

In the first 120 seconds, I see you, today.

Then I see myself up until about 3:00. Then I also see myself from about 3:50-4:30.

So what am I waiting for? I want to be at the 5:00 minute part.

I know how to get there and I know I have help....just need to knock down those others barriers first.

Lois Lane II said...

So true, Kelly!! God is ALWAYS there, ALWAYS waiting for us because of His love for us. No matter how many times we stray, He is always there. That's such a comfort.

Mary Moss said...

Yes, we must be on our guard at all times! Great post:-)

Runner Mom said...

This is a great video! Thanks for sharing it! And..I love that bumper sticker!

Hugs,
Susan

Mary Moss said...

I shared some of your thoughts with a friend at lunch:-) We were talking about doing what we believe God is calling us to do and how we seem to be more vulnerable the more we do!

Please stop by http://crayonchronicles.blogspot.com. There's a surprise waiting hter for you:-)

Joy in The Truth said...

Hi, Kelly!

I have seen the video and it really can take your breath away. Yes, run to Jesus!

Hugs,
Sharon

Edie said...

I've seen this video before too. It really is great and has a lot of messages about Jesus and our relationship as well.

There is the Love that He lavishes on us, the provision, the delight in His presense, and the dance in the close relationship.

Then there is the battle with sin and temptation but Jesus never leaves us but continues to call us back to Him. His faithfulness and His promise not to lose any of the children that the Father gives Him. And that He has overcome the world and is our strength.

I could go on and on but I'll stop here. This was great. I loved it.

Jenny said...

Great Video.

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

I too Love those videos Kelly!
They sure do make you stop and think and .... that really is the way it is!
Ya know those books by Frank Peretti... This Present Darkness, and the sequel. Have you read them? They make you realize that the demons and things are all around us and if we could actually SEE them... it would just blow people away how many there are.... all the time.
NOW... hope you have all those green t's ready to go. lol You bought the whole family a shirt? WHAT AN INCREDIBLE MUMMY YOU ARE!
AND... you had me bustin a gut over the green m&m's..... EEEEGADS! UM.... DO YOU HAVE ANY? LOL
Sure sound delicious about now.
Brown ones are good too.
Blue.... are terrific....
*sigh* I want CANDY!
NOW SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE? LOLOLOL
IM PINCHIN YOU ....not cuz you aint wearing green yet... but coz you said thee m word!

Greg C said...

I have watched this video numerous times and I continue to watch it from time to time because I love it so much. It is so true. I can see the devil in many people that I meet from day to day but I also see Jesus in many people. The problem is that the Devil is loud and right in your face trying to distract you and make you forget. Then once he has your attention he offers you presents to entice you to follow him. The further he can lead you away from God the easier it is for him to control you. I agree run back and stay there where you are protected and loved. Great post Kelly.

KelliGirl said...

The enemy is always on the prowl, trying to fill us with doubt, fear, pride, confusions. All he wants to do is take our eyes off God. I am so thankful we know the One who is stronger than Satan. Our journey is certainly difficult at times, but the battle has been fought and won. We have the victory in Christ.

Susan said...

I've seen this video as well and I LOVE IT! I think this an excellent reminder for all of us just what kind of a spiritual battle takes place around us every single day.

Hugs,

Susan

Irritable Mother said...

That is very powerful, Kelly. Thanks for encouraging me to watch it. Ah, to think of Jesus fighting for me like that! And the victory!!!

I liked your A-Z psalm today. Thanks for taking the time to write it out for me to read.

Mrs. Sidney said...

Our church's hip hop ministry performed this a few weeks ago and I was in tears.. such a powerful picture of his love, grace and mercy.