Saturday, March 21, 2009

Then Sings My Soul Saturday

Participating in Amy Wyatt's (Signs, Miracles and Wonders) "Then Sings My Soul Saturdays" this week.

There is a new beautiful song out in Christian music. It's by Jonny Diaz, and called "More Beautiful You." It talks about the lies the world tells us, but the encouraging chorus says "There could never be a more beautiful you." Every young woman should hear this song and believe it! Here are the lyrics:

More Beautiful You

Little girl fourteen flipping through a magazine
Says she wants to look that way
But her hair isn’t straight her body isn’t fake
And she’s always felt overweight

Well little girl fourteen I wish that you could see
That beauty is within your heart
And you were made with such care your skin your body and your hair
Are perfect just the way they are

There could never be a more beautiful you
Don’t buy the lies disguises and hoops they make you jump through
You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do
So there could never be a more beautiful you


Little girl twenty-one the things that you’ve already done
Anything to get ahead
And you say you’ve got a man but he’s got another plan
Only wants what you will do instead

Well little girl twenty-one you never thought that this would come
You starve yourself to play the part
But I can promise you there’s a man whose love is true
And he’ll treat you like the jewel you are

So turn around you’re not too far
To back away be who you are
To change your path go another way
It’s not too late you can be saved
If you feel depressed with past regrets
The shameful nights hope to forget
Can disappear they can all be washed away
By the one who’s strong can right your wrongs
Can rid your fears dry all your tears
And change the way you look at this big world
He will take your dark distorted view
And with His light He will show you truth
And again you’ll see through the eyes of a little girl
****
I couldn't find a youtube or tangle video of it, since it's such a new song, but if you'd like to hear it, click over to his myspace, and the song will start up automatically, by clicking here.


Chatty Kelly

18 comments:

My ADHD Me said...

This song is beautiful.

KelliGirl said...

Great song! I'm going to have my 14 y.o. daugther listen, too.

Happy Saturday!

Susanne said...

The lyrics are lovely.

Greg C said...

Great song. I wish more young girls would listen to this.

Mrs. Sidney said...

Just listened to the song as I read the words... wow what a powerful song!!

Thanks for sharing.

Mary Moss said...

Love it:-) Great words for all of us.

Darlene said...

Great song! I agree all girls need to hear this one!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

What a neat song. Don't think I've ever heard it before.
Thanks Kelly!
Have a wonderful SATURDAY!
L

B His Girl said...

I like this Kelly. What a great message to speak to young girls. b

Joy in The Truth said...

Hello, Friend.

I read the lyrics you posted and they are a good reminder to all women. Thanks, Kelly!

Enjoy your weekend!

(we've had a busy week, so reading and writing blogs took a very back seat...nice to visit here!)

Marla said...

That is a beautiful song. I really liked it and the lyrics are great.

seesawfaith said...

I went right to my myspace, added the song to my player, blogged the lyrics and posted a bulletin so that all my girls from my youth group could hear this song.

Thanks so much for the intro to this great new artist!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love the song...thanks for stopping by my blog.

I am loving all my new friends. I think I think I am addicted!!!

Things Above said...

Hi, Kelly! I have a little surprise for you so stop by my blog! Love, Heather

Edie said...

Beautiful lyrics!

Your girls can come play at my house but you gotta come with 'em and have a cup (or several) of coffee. :)

Debbie said...

That is great! I would love to pass this on to my daughter.

shopannies said...

love this as my children seem to grow so fast I love the words to this song

Anonymous said...

oh wow!
im fifteen years old,
and when i heard this song...
i just busted into tears.
every verse reminded me of
myself, and i couldnt help but
think there must have been a reason
it played on the radio.
i immediently looked up the lyrics.
:)