Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday 3/12

Here are the 5 things, big or small, that I am thankful for this week:

1. Edie at Rich Gift Graphics. She gave me a special birthday blog design and it was so fantastic. She has real talent. If you are looking for a blog makeover, a button or anything else blog related, check out her site.

2. My Birthday! I had so many bloggy friends come by & wish me well. THANK YOU! Thanks for my local friends too. It was a great day all around.

3. A night out! My sister (My ADHD Me) & I are going out to dinner & a show tonight. I can't wait. We have 2 annual "just us" outings, 1 for our birthday and 1 pool day. So I can't wait.

4. God's protection for my church. My church had a small fire yesterday. PRAISE HIM that no one was hurt and damage was minimal. Wed night activities were cancelled, but we'll be back to worship on Sunday. Thank you God!

5. My husband's healing. He was back to work on Tuesday and is feeling GREAT after surgery just last Friday. He is quick to recover from things, my former Army Ranger. So I'm thankful that he is better.

That's it! Five things I'm thankful for! What are you thank for this week? Link up over at Truth 4 the Journey, by clicking the button below (which was also made by Edie). Or you can just leave me a comment. Blessings to you!

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Chatty Kelly

14 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Love your thankful list!

Vashti said...

Great list, so glad that you had a good B'day! I really wish that my sis lived near me so that we could have nights out like yours. So much fun.
Lots of love
Vx

Sue J. said...

Yeah, I'm totally jealous over the sister night out thing...and I have 3 of them, so that would be an outing every other month.

Fortunately, you being a sister-in-Christ and all, we get to coffee (I'm making it a verb now) every other week or so.....That's pretty fine in itself.

Have an awesome evening, you two! (And don't stay up too late blogging about it.....or...?)

T. Anne said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad your husband is feeling better so soon after surgery. I am so thankful for my health and that of my family! God Bless you!

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

Don't ya just love Edie?!

Great list - it is so wonderful to be able to be thankful. Hope your husband is doing much much better.

Beth

Mel said...

I love thankful lists they are the best!!! yours is awesome.

The Patterson 5 said...

I didn't know your church caught on fire! Glad everyone was safe. Glad Mr Chatty Kelly is feeling better and well! Have fun tonight!

Jenny said...

Great list. Sounds like you had a fun week. I loved the b-day decorations:)

Runner Mom said...

These are great! And, I am SO sorry that I missed your birthday!! Happy belated one, my sweet friend!! May God continue to bless you and your blog ministry!!

Hugs!
Susan

Edie said...

Aw you're so sweet. :) I'm thankful for your friendship.

Glad your husband is healed enough to work. Wow that is fast!

Praise God no one was hurt at your church! That would be scary.

Have a great time tonight with ADHD-Jo! Don't listen to Sue this time, you stay out as late as you want. LOL!

I have a friend who, whenever she plans to get together with me her husband always tells her to be home by 10:00 pm cause nothing good happens after 10:00. I've offered to set him straight for her. LOL!!

Mary Moss said...

So glad you enjoyed your birthday! What a blessing your husband is recovering so fast! I know that's a relief to all of you:-)

LisaShaw said...

I'm so glad your husband is back to work and your church is ok! I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday and Edie is quite the blessing isn't she?! Yes she is.

5 Things I am thankful for this week (not in any order)

1. Beth_NC from I'm headed towards my destiny. God used her to speak a word of strength to me in a moment when I was faint.

2. My husbands unconditional love that covers my heart and my life like a warm handmade beautiful blanket.

3. I'm thankful for the few hours I spoke to Mel from A Voice for Moms this week on the phone. She's awesome.

4. I'm thankful that I am saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and that I walk in His presence always.

5. For my daughter making brownies for us at 9pm last night (smile) when I needed a little bit of chocolate.

Thanks for letting me share.

Marla said...

You always have great things that yo are thankful for. I missed your birthday as I am way behind in reading blogs. I hope you had a great birthday.

sailorcross said...

Sorry I'm so late in visiting your TT--you know that illness had me under for about a week!!

So thankful that your husband recuperated so quickly!! AMAZING!!

I hope you enjoyed your night out with your sister-I miss mine so much sometimes!!

Beth