Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday - 5 Years Old!


Today is Cici's 5th Birthday! We celebrated with a pool party with preschool friends, Happy meals, and of course cake & ice cream. As you may remember from my "Faith & Mustard Seeds" post, Cici was a long waited for and prayed for child. Her arrival was definitely the answer to many prayers.

However, Cici has never been an easy child. First she was a very late talker. While most children have 3 words by 12 months, Cici had none by 18 months. After speech therapy, she finally began speaking at 22 months. It was so hard to understand anything she said.

Cici's terrible twos, were TERRIBLE. She was the most stubborn child ever. Many days I was left frustrated. She is very strong willed. It seemed like everything was a battle of the wills with her, and some days her will was stronger than mine was.

When she turned four, I finally started to see her stubbornness (perseverance) in a positive light. She is a kid who will keep trying until she gets it, whether trying to ride a 2 wheeler or learning to swim. The child who couldn't talk, now never stops talking, singing, dancing and performing. She is full of life and truly the most joyful child I've ever seen. She always has everyone laughing.

Being Cici's mom has taught me perseverance as well. But more than that, it has taught me about hope. Whether that hope was for the blessing of my child, for my child to talk, or some days just the hope that I would get through the day with my sanity intact, I seemed to always been hoping in something.

Cici taught me about hope. But the greatest hope I have is in Christ Jesus. He is the one who gave me Cici, and the one who fills me with hope.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
***
To read more about The Power of Hope, read part 3 of my 4 part Power series at ithirst. Click here to visit ithirstnw.net.

Chatty Kelly

18 comments:

Dena said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter. She is beautiful and what a smile!

Joy in The Truth said...

Oh, Happy Birthday Cici! :) Gorgeous pix!

And may she enjoy the Fabulous Fives! Fantastic Fives!

Our children do point us to Jesus, don't they? Our Hope. Our Sustenance. Our Strength.

Hugs to you!

Mary Moss said...

What a blessing she is! Happy Birtday Cici!! That smile is infectious:-)

Sue J. said...

That baby photo says it all. Look at the eyes! There's a major twinkle factor in there that says, "I've got a lot in store for you!...." HA!!

It's been so wonderful to see her grow up and to see you both work through these challenges. That persevering nature is going to take her (and you) to new places, yet!

But, Someone else will be there with both of you. Celebrating with you, again, today!

The Patterson 5 said...

Happy Birthday Cici! You are a joy and a blessing!

Beverlydru said...

Her baby photo looks like an Ann Geddes baby. Beautiful gift!!

Greg C said...

Awwww Happy Birthday Cici. The best is yet to come.

Melanie Dorsey said...

That little face is adorable!
Melanie@Bella~Mella

LisaShaw said...

We learn so much from our children of all ages don't we?

Happy Birthday to your cutie pie! What a beautiful face!

Mrs. Sidney said...

What amazing story of hope and love!! Thank you for sharing.

Edie said...

Happy Birthday Cici!!

My grandaughter Emily is a strong willed child too. I spend a lot of time in prayer. :)

On Purpose said...

Happy Birthday Cici!

Starr said...

Happy birthday to Cici!! She is beautiful like her mom.
Love and Blessings!

Nel said...

Happy Birthday Cici! She is adorable! I have a strong willed granddaughter, but my daughter is handling it very well also. Eden has had therapy her whole life, she will be 3 in July. She was fed by a button in her tummy until about 8 months ago. Now she eats everything in sight. Kids are a blessing!

Mel said...

Happy Birthday!!

God's girl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!

Now for you Mrs. Combs:

I love the baby pic and
Cici's the cutest little chic.
God has big plans for her,
and she steals His heart, I'm sure!
What a precious gift of love
from your Heavenly Father above.
A precious baby He bestowed unto you...Oh, God is ALWAYS faithful & true!

(There's lots in my world that I don't always share, believe it or not... LOL. Imagine all that I do share combined with what I don't share! Whew! I'd have no followers:)

(((hugs))) It's only right that you get a poem right along side of your dear, sweet, precious sister!?!?!?!?!?

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

KelliGirl said...

Happy Birthday Cici! Wow, I remember when my daugther turned five. It's a really precious age.

Cici's a beautiful little girl. She takes after her mom! :-)

My ADHD Me said...

No WAY can she be 5 years old already!!!

It's good to see she has some of her Aunt Mooney in her!

Happy Birthday CiCi!