Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday 11/20


I am joining the Thankful Thursday meme from Truth4theJourney. I am supposed to list 5 things I am thankful for today, remembering even the smallest things.


1. My Cooking Co-op. Today is my day to cook, so I sometimes don't feel very thankful on Thursday as I make dinner for 20 people (4 families). But when my delicious meals are delivered to me every Monday, Tuesday and Friday, I am very thankful.


2. Coffee. Never has such a small thing brought such great joy to a person. Just mentioning it makes me smile. It's not the coffee, it the essence...a hot cup of coffee with a good friend and great conversation. Coffee Anyone?


3. Blog Friends. I have met so many wonderful, encouraging people on the blog! People who don't hesitate to pray for me and bless my soul. I would have never believed it.


4. My Chiropractor. Crunch, crunch. No more back pain or head aches. What is there not to be thankful about there?


5. Maid Service. Okay, it's true, every other Thursday I have cleaning people. I am SO thankful for that. It started when I had a high pressure, long houred job over 10 years ago...but I never cancelled them once I started being a stay at home mom. So I admit it, I'm spoiled. And since it's Thursday, I better go pick up the clutter so they can clean! (Yes, you really do have to clean up before the maid comes.)


So quick as that, five small things I'm thankful for today. If you want to play along, you can list them in the comments section, or do your own post and just let me know...and be sure and stop by the host Truth4theJourney and let her know too!

Chatty Kelly

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

5 things I'm thankful for:

1. My siblings--if I had to go threw all of this craziness by myself--I would be crazy-ier

2. My wonderful job where everyone is so patient with me and understanding.

3. My In-laws--love em. I get a real feeling of normalcy having them around.

4. My children's health--I forget about it when they are doing good but it can't certain be a stresser when they aren't so today I am happy they are healthy--**knocks on wood.

5. My youth--what's left of it--people constantly tell me I have beautiful skin and I am young looking--this is one thing I did get from that lady from which they call mother.


ET

Truth4thejourney said...

Thanks Kelly! I'd be glad to have a cup of coffe with you! You're place or mine, or better yet, Starbucks anyone??

Sonya

On Purpose said...

I am thankful for women like yourself Kelly that are living their lives to bring glory to God!

Thank you Kelly!

Shanita Waters said...

Awesome!

Wow.. you are blessed. A cooking co-op, hunh? That sounds like a great idea except as you said on the days I would have to cook. lol

Blessings!
Shanita

Beverlydru said...

Don't ever cancel the maid. I did at one point years ago and haven't had one since.

So many things to truly be thankful for I'm sure it was hard to stop at 5.

Runner Mom said...

This was great! I am thankful for you also, Kelly! You are so positive and truly glorify God in your blog! Thank you, sweet friend!
Blessings,
Susan

Runner Mom said...

One more thing!! Since I don't do coffee, could I join y'all for some sweet tea???

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

I"m so happy you get along great with thee inlaws Kelly!
You DO look young... simply
maaaarvelous darrrling! heehee
Hey; think I'll move over to yalls thankful thursdays okay?
holykisses,
Lea

Edie said...

You must tell me about this Cooking Co-op!

Coffee - What's not to be thankful for? Ahhhhh.

You have been a huge blessing to me dear friend. Love ya!

Rebecca Ingram Powell said...

Girl,

A chiropractor AND a housekeeper? You and HM have definitely got the best of both worlds! :)

Joyfulsister said...

HI Kelly..
(((Hugz)) I enjoyed reading your list *smile*. Thanks for your visit you always bless me sweet sistah!!. Hey Can I borrow your maids lol lol.

Hugz Lorie

Kay Martin said...

Loved this look into your world. This is my second try at writing a comment...the first one was long but wouldn't go through. So...I thank God for you, your writing, your blog and your comments on all of our blogs. I connect with you so easily on all you write. I thank God for you today!!!