Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Be Ready for the Frost

Awhile back I posted a series called "Grow Where You Are Planted." I know you wouldn't want to go back here to read the post I'm referring to, so here is the Reader's Digest version.


I had some pink impatiens growing along my walk...but in the middle of the pink ones was one clump of white ones. It reminded me that God calls me to be different from the world. As a Christian I should be clothes in white and stand apart from the rest. People should be able to see something different in me. I need to be mindful not to fall in with "the crowd," but stand for Christ.

Well, we've had a little end times here on Chatty Kelly's walk way. The frost caused the plants to die. But look, while the pink flowers are gone, the white ones remained.

At the end times, God will have each of us stand in accountability of what we've believed and what we've done. At the Revelation the dead will be judged. The book of life will be opened and "The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.... If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." (Revelations 20:13, 15)

Spring and summer last for awhile, but the day of frost will come. Are you ready?

Matthew 24:42-44 -- Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Chatty Kelly

18 comments:

Dorothy Champagne said...

I love finding little life illustrations in our every day activities. Great pictures and great analogy! Certainly something to consider on a daily basis. Thanks.

Sharon said...

I Love this post, Isn't it funny we can look at things around us and see how God work's in our lives, and this example is so perfect, and the photos are great as well.
Have a Blessed day
:)

My ADHD Me said...

Funny how the white survived and the others died...perfect analogy.
I love how God talks to you in every dad occurances.
Yes, I know he talks to all of us, so I'll rephrase...I love how you "hear" God talking to you in every day occurances.

Gwendolyn said...

What a wonderful reminder!

My ADHD Me said...

Every DAY...Every DAY!!!

Greg C said...

We had frost this morning and it did kill the impatients but they will be back in the spring. I am always amazed to see plants spring up where you least expect them. All the planning in the world can't prevent them from growing where they want to when they want to.

Kelly I just hope it won't be like when I tried out for football and I was the last one picked. I would hate to be standing there waiting for my name to be called and see the crowd getting smaller and smaller and think Please pick me God.

Great post.

Is your istersay having a oblempray this orningmay? :) Just kidding sis.

Edie said...

What a perfect analogy! God is so amazing in the way He provides these opportunities for learning.

My ADHD Me said...

Eggray-As opposed to enwhay?

Beverlydru said...

Perfect timing for this post as we also had a killing frost this morning. In Florida! This also brings to mind that there's the good kind of death - death to self. When it comes to that, I hang on too hard (unitentionally I think). I die to self daily... as it keeps trying to spring back again.

Julie Gillies said...

What a wonderful post - and powerful proof of God's ability to preserve us.

I love when God speaks to us through our daily lives as He did here.

Blessings!

Runner Mom said...

Wonderful post! I loved the original one as well!! The scripture is a great reminder.
Blessings,
Susan

Do you have your pansies ready to put out? :)

Bonita said...

Wow! Isn't it wonderful that God drew your attention to those white ones a while back knowing fully well what would happen in the future. Great illustration!

Truth4thejourney said...

Oh how neat thie is, Kelly! I can't believe those white flowers remained. Definitely a God thing. :)

Sonya

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

Is that not the coolest thing? God shielded the white one, and used it to give you an illustration to share to the world FOR HIS GLORY.
Incredible!
Thanks for sharing it!!
Lea

Mary Moss said...

Oh my! This is the very topic that God has been putting on my heart lately. I preached on this topic (the wise and foolish bridesmaids) a couple of weeks ago and the story spoke volumes to me.

Even when we are living as "good Christians" we can get sidetracked so quickly and easily by things of this world.

The Patterson 5 said...

Wow! Powerful message! Powerful flowers!

HisPrincess said...

I'm counting on the Lord shielding me, forgiving me, protecting me, guiding me....i need so much guidance.

Kevin T. Smith said...

Are these the flowers I ran over?