Friday, June 12, 2009

Fashion Advice - Bible Version

My sister (My ADHD Me) posted her fashion advice meme, that she borrowed from Suburb Sanity.

So here is my Bible Version. :-)

1)Who is your fashion icon?

The Proverbs 31 Woman - -

Proverbs 31:25 -- She is clothed with strength and dignity.

2)What piece of clothing could you not live without?

The Full Armor of God --

Eph 6:13-17 -- Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

3)What is your definition of Couture?

Proverbs 31:22 -- She is clothed in fine linen and purple.


4)Your thoughts on east vs. west coast style.

They are as far apart as the followers of God are from their sins....

Psalm 103:11, 12 -- So great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.


5)Your advice on how to be comfortable in your own skin.

God made you wonderfully! He loves you!

Psalm 139:13, 14 -- For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

6)Where do you get your inspiration for your posts?

The Bible, of course.

7)How would you rock out on the catwalk?

With Bible in hand...not to mention black peep-toe platform heels. ;-)



Chatty Kelly

20 comments:

Leslie said...

Look at you...how cute you look! Loved this! (Did you have to take a hundred pics before getting the one you liked? Ha, ha! Seriously, you look so pretty!)

Beverlydru said...

What a perfect picture for this post. I've been known to be intimidated by the Proverbs 31 woman... that was before reading Lysa's blog everyday. She's so real (like the rest of us!) that I no longer begrudge that illustrious woman of the Word. (The Prov. 31 model!)

The Patterson 5 said...

Love your fashion tips!

Sharon@JoyInTheTruth said...

Very cute.

You are "stylin' and profilin'"!

Susan D said...

Oh snap! I love this! And I'm right there w/you on the peep toe pumps; cept mine are red! hahahaha Fabulous pictures of you too. Blessings, SusanD

Pinkshoelady said...

Wow!
I loved this!
It has been a while since I checked in with you or anyone for that matter. I've been kind of on a computer restriction (self proclaimed) I have been having to play catch-up on my other duties as a teacher, wife and mother.
I loved this!
You always make me smile!
You are an inspiration and make me want to strive for better excellance!
Pamela

Greg C said...

I am impressed with the way you were able to "fit" in those verses to answer the questions. I can see it all now: "The women of the Bible" Fashion show. Of course everyone will want to see the Eve collection. You could get Joan Rivers to ask the models "who are you wearing" and I am sure YOU would say "Jesus" can't you tell. I can tell. Great post.

On Purpose said...

This is great fashion advice! For we truly only look good on the outside when we are spiritually fit on the outside!

My ADHD Me said...

Are you sure couture isn't the guy from Dukes of Hazard? (haha)

Greg- "The Eve Collection" lol

It's amazing that you can take anything and make a great Biblical analogy out of it!

Jenny said...

Love your fashion advice, very inspiring. That picture is very pretty.

Things Above said...

I love, love, love this post! And what a great meme! You mentioned some of my most favorite verses! Love, Heather

Carmen said...

You make me smile! Love the shoes!

Marla said...

That was great fashion advice.You are such a creative writer.

LisaShaw said...

You look so cute! I enjoyed your sharing.

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

You go girl!*
Yes and amen!

melissa said...

Loved the Fashion Advice! I really love your blog site!!! Glad I found it.

mkpfaith said...

Loved the Fashion Advice! I love the Lord too! Glad I found your site!

God's girl said...

This is awesome Kelly. You are sooooooooo creative:) Glad you got home safely.

Ronel Sidney said...

AWESOME!!!!

LOVED IT!!!

Anonymous said...

chattykelly.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading chattykelly.blogspot.com every day.
cash advance loan
cash advance