Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thankful Thursday - 6/11

1. I'm thankful for time spent with my in-laws (in-loves). The kids love them and it's quality time for sure.

2. I'm thankful that my in-laws are now safe in an assisted living facility. I'm so sad they had to move, but so happy they're safe with constant assistance right there.

3. I'm thankful my brother is pet-sitting for me. My dog, Buddy, is a real people dog and I was sick at the thought of leaving him in a kennel. Now he's home & happy with my brother. I love my dog alot. And my brother's even sent me videos & pics of the dog while I was gone. Now that's a pet-sitter!

4. I'm thankful we're coming home tomorrow. I am ready.

5. I'm thankful that I've been able to check out some blogs this week. It's been tough getting PC time in between packing up the in-laws, so know I've been visiting but not too much commenting this week. Thanks for your patience.

What are you thankful for this week?
Visit Truth4thejourney for more Thankful Thursday posts.Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey



Chatty Kelly

12 comments:

Blasé said...

"Perfect Post…God is good…Hallelujah…Sign of the Fish…PTL, etc"

Now that I've got the formalities out of the way….. BEES! But NOT when I step on them (I’m never thankful for pain).

I just Luuuv me some Honey!

p.s. The crux of Numbers is chapter eleven and verse one. If you understand the practical teaching/principle of that verse…you can just skip the rest of the book and go on to Deuteronomy, or go do volunteer work at the hospital or retirement Home or something…

Leslie said...

What's your brother doing in July? Will he travel to PA to dog sit? Or we could drop Otto off on our way to the Outer Banks!

It is sad that your in-laws had to move, but at least you can have peace of mind that they're taken care of. Several of my co-workers have been struggling with getting their parents to realize that they need to move for their own health and safety. I'm so thankful that my sister and brother-in-law moved in with my parents to look after them. My brother-in-law is a nurse, so that's a comfort to me! He used to be a funeral director. I know he will be a big help to my sisters and I when the time comes for my parents to go home. Morbid thought I know, but a comfort just the same!

Susan D said...

It's good to hear the update on your in-laws. Loosing their independence will be difficult for them but the peace of knowing they are cared for is the trade-off. I'll continue to lift them up. Blessings, SusanD

Mocha with Linda said...

Glad the transition is going smoothly.

And I know they are thankful for such a great daughter-in-law!

Jenny said...

Glad your trip went well, have a safe trip home.

Greg C said...

Great post Kelly. I think the in laws will be much better off in that place where they can be properly assisted. I don't have in-laws I have outlaws, :)

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

I enjoyed your TT list today. You indeed have a lot to be thankful for as well as the rest of us! Our GOd is so good.

Vashti said...

I could have used having your brother at my house to look after our 5 dogs while we are in the UK!
Glad you are having a good time. Been kinda weird having you so quiet!

Irritable Mother said...

I love that you love your in-laws (in-loves!) so much. What a blessing to you - and them!

Sue J. said...

Videos of Buddy....no wonder you're homesick!

Can't wait to have you back. Your washing machine can't either!

Jane In The Jungle said...

That is one good pet sitter that sends video.....Maybe I'll suggest that to mine!!

Billy Coffey said...

Great post, Kelly!

Travelling mercies for your trip home.