Saturday, November 8, 2008

Then Sings My Soul Saturday - 11/8

Participating in the meme at Signs, Miracles & Wonders called Then Sings My Soul Saturday, where we share what song is touching our soul this week.

Since I was baptized by immersion on Monday, the song that is on my mind is Dive, by Steven Curtis Chapman.

The chorus:
I’m diving in, I’m going deep, in over my head I want to be. Caught in the rush, lost in the flow, in over my head I want to go. The river’s deep, the river’s wide, the river’s water is alive. So sink or swim, I’m diving in.

My friends, I did dive in, and the water is just fine. :-)

(if the comments don't load, refresh the page and wait. Blogger is slow today and the comment section doesn't seem to want to load.)




Chatty Kelly

9 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Congrats on your baptism! Love this song - great choice!

Jamey said...

Yes congrats on the baptism, and wonderful choice of this song!

B His Girl said...

I listened to that song yesterday while I was driving. It makes me think of 'going for it' with the Lord. Just letting Him have my life...sink or swim...I'm with Him!

Joy in The Truth (Sharon Sloan) said...

Wow, Kelly! I am blown away and have tears in my eyes about the CAPTIVATED song on my blog! God is amazing! I am blown away. Thank you for sharing that with me. It has encouraged me as well. He is faithful!

So excited to see all He will do next week when you share at that church. Will be praying for you. He is obviously going ahead of you and preparing for you! I will pray for your heart and the heart of each woman there!

Again, you have encouraged me. Thank you. For His glory!

Captivated indeed.

May my life be one unbroken gaze fixed upon the beauty of His face.
Sharon

Joy in The Truth (Sharon Sloan) said...

PS -- and isn't it funny that you told me that you don't usually like music on blogs! Our Father has a beautiful way about Him...and the best sense of humor!

Coffee's on...time for Him....

Joy in The Truth (Sharon Sloan) said...

Kelly:
(OK, we really need to exchange e-mails at this point!) :)

I am humbled and tickled that used my "musical" blog in your heart and life. He is beyond good!

May He be glorified and may we all be CAPTIVATED by Him!

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

Congratulations! I read on your blog that you're a control freak too. Wanna hear my knock knock joke:
Knock-knock
Who's there?
Control freak--now you say "control freak who?"

My baptism by immersion was a total control issue for me....

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Kelly..
Blessings on your baptism,
He who began a great work in you.."WILL" be "FAIHFUL" to complete it. I can see the Lord using you even more and you will be such a vessel for the master's use. I love your profile pic, what a shining light you are for Jesus.

Hugz Lorie

HisPrincess said...

I love this song also.

It has such great energy and a really positive message...although I'm pretty sure when you are diving in with Jesus you aren't going to sink!