Wednesday, May 21, 2008

American Idol Results Show

BooHoo! Waaaa! David Archuleta didn't win American Idol. Personally, I think Simon threw the show to Archeluta last night to rev the vote up for Cook. Two reasons:
1. He appeared on Jay Leno the night previous and said he thought Cook should win.
2. He apologized all over himself tonight - not very Simon like.

So therefore, I think he picked Archuleta on Tuesday to give "Archie" what Simon himself calls "the kiss of death" when he gives someone favorable comments. Just my take. But I have an extreme case of sour grapes.

Trying to think of a bible verse to convert this story into - - but the only thing that comes to mind is Matthew 20:16 "So the last will be first, and the first will be last." haha. But if that's the case, then I think Sanjaya has a new single coming out. Heaven help us!

So back to inspirational blogging on Friday, after I get over Archuletta's loss. See you then!

3 comments:

SMH said...

I'm disappointed too. My girls and I have been David Archuleta fans from the beginning. We were totally crushed last night. :( He's a great kid. His family has done an amazing job with him. I applaud David Archuleta for all of his hard work at such a young age of 17. When I see him perform, I think to myself WOW... this boy is going to go far with his career in singing and it makes me smile. He's genuine and humble.

Sue J said...

For a 17-year-old kid, David Archuleta is extremely talented and well-grounded. That he didn't "win" American Idol is surprising, but not a terrible thing. And to 54% of the AI voting public, he is the winner...and even to some of us who were not in the 56% AI voting public for David Cook, he is a winner. :-)

When Paula said, "This is what it's all about, David (Archuleta)," and pointed to the huge theater, I wondered if he really understood what would happen to him if he carried the title. And does David Cook know any better?

Not that I want to turn a magnifying glass on anyone, but let's keep a casual eye on David and David and report back a year later.

Meantime....I'm sorry :-(

Mamacita said...

You know, I didn't think of that. But that is a really good theory - very interesting!!! I love Little Dave, too. :)