Saturday, May 24, 2008

7 Facts About Me

So I've been tagged by Extravagant Grace. So I will now post 7 facts about me.

1. I hate to go anywhere new alone.
2. I am addicted to coffee, and not just the actual drink, but the whole experience, the smell, the cup, the way it makes me feel like a grown up.
3. My husband is more than 20 years older than I am. This freaks out many people, but not us.
4. I'm not a fan of the great outdoors, I don't like the cold, the heat or the bugs.
5. My favorite food is Chinese and pizza. (well of course chocolate, that goes without saying).
6. My sense of humor amuses the heck out of me, but I've found that my quips can be biting, so I'm working on that.
7. I end up becoming the leader of every group I join. Control freak? Fabulous volunteer spirit? Others recognizing my inability to say no? You decide.

And now I tag you! So if you read my blog and want to join in, read the rules below. I'd love to know seven things about each one of you! Leave a comment and let me know if you'll post, so that I can come by! "Extravagant Grace" changed the rules a bit, and now I have too, to make it easier to play.

1. List these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Let me know you're playing by leaving a comment on my blog.
4. If you don't blog, list your 7 facts in the comments section.

Fun to do, on a 3-day weekend when I'm home caring for my hubby who had minor surgery (rotator cuff). So since I'm not out playing, I'm in playing. Hope you'll play along.

6 comments:

Sue J said...

OK....I'm playing. You all come visit me, too!

The Patterson 5 said...

I'm in and before the weekends over! I hate to miss out on the fun! I hope some of them you don't already know!

Sue J said...

A Chinese fire drill is when you and a bunch of friends pull up to a stoplight in a car. While the light is red, you get out of the car and run circles around it until the light turns green. So mature, right?

Elisa said...

What an interesting list. We share some come things -- love of coffee, pizza, chinese food and chocolate. Becoming a leader...but I never realized that was the control freak in me...and quips that need to be curtailed, even if I think they are funny.

What fun to read your list! Thanks for sharing!

Elisa

Bonita said...

I have a friend just like you who ends up rising to the top and being the leader of every group that she joins. I've noticed that it's because she's been gifted by God in ways that she is able to lead, manage, and administrate well and others see this in her which is why she always rises to the top. You must have similar qualities.

Mocha with Linda said...

Well, it's making more and more sense why we've become blog friends!

1. Ditto.
2. Yep.
3. Well, mine is 8 years older. Doesn't seem weird until I realize I was in the 4th grade when he graduated from high school!
4. Uh huh.
5. The chocolate, absolutely. But Chinese? Definitely no.
6. Unfortunately, I can relate to this one. Those "hidden barbs" in sarcasm are not pretty.
7. Me too. Therefore I don't want to guess which reason it is!