Monday, April 7, 2008

Chatty Kelly

Naming your blog isn’t easy! It’s like finding that perfect name for your baby. You want something unique enough to stand out but not be strange. You want it to flow well. I had to name both the blog site (chattykelly) and the blog (Wonder Woman Wonders). My first thought was “Kelly’s Quips." It has a nice ring to it. But when I looked up “quip” in the dictionary, it means “a sharp, sarcastic remark; a cutting jest.” Wow, I don’t want to be making quips! I’m trying harder all the time not to quip.

So how about “chatty?" I looked up “chatty” in the dictionary. It said “characterized by friendly and informal talk or writing, often about minor or personal matters.” Perfect! So here I am “chatty Kelly.”

As for Wonder Woman, you can read the header. I do try to do it all. But I am trying to give it to God. I’m growing every day in his Word and by his hand. And hopefully sometimes I’ll share something here that might help you grow too. As mentioned on my first blog, I’m heading to the Proverbs 31 She Speaks conference in June to learn to be a better writer and speaker, and women’s ministry leader. I don’t know what God has planned for me, but I feel called to go in this direction.

So, stop by on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to “chat” and be sure and leave a comment for me. You can log in if you have a blogger account, or you can just click the anonymous button. You can still sign your name in the comment box if you want me to know who’s writing.

And remember, be nice…even backwoods Barbie's get their feelings hurt!

6 comments:

gibsonfam said...

I love your blog, Kelly! I also enjoyed reading your sentiments on Dolly's AI appearance. She's quite a giant in the music world and it was great to see her so unashamed on the nation's most popular tv show. Anyway, I just thought I'd stop by and leave a little comment for ya. Have a good one...

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Hey--- welcome to the blogging world!!!

I'll be announcing tomorrow about the Swap and Hop I have planned for this Friday-

It will be fun to have you join in.

Blessings,
Lysa

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Chatty Kelly:
Welcome to blog land! I'm going to the conference too and can't wait to see what God has in store for my life.

You're right...Dolly was terrific. I can only take her voice in small doses, but the woman behind the voice? Grace personified. She truly lets her light shine in everything that she does.

I look forward to seeing your "light" painted on these pages as the days unfold.

peace~elaine

Heather said...

I love your blog! I, too, am new to the blogging world, and I loved your descriptions of writing your first post and coming up with a name. I look forward to reading more and more!

Heather

Missy @ It's Almost Naptime said...

Welcome to the world, baby girl :)

Bonita said...

I've spent a little time this morning looking around your blog and I love your style of writing. It is, indeed, chatty and feels like a friend talking. I'll definitely be back here often.

I live in the Charlotte area and have attended She Speaks several times. Last year I was the volunteer coordinator for the ministry so I went, but I was there to serve rather than attend. This year I'm neither the volunteer coordinator nor an attendee, but I might offer to help usher people in and out of publisher appointments. If I do, I'll let you know because I'd enjoy meeting you.