Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Here are my 5 things this week:

1. I'm thankful to be home! The conference was fun, but in the words of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, "There's no place like home!" And that girl knew a good pair of shoes when she saw them, not unlike me.

2. I'm thankful for the friends I got to spend time with on my trip, and for the ones I didn't but who supported me like Sue J & Sharon. Plus those that helped out with my kids at home too.

3. I'm thankful for my new freelance writing position. It's going great. If you have ideas for me to use, let me know. And if you haven't checked it out yet, check it out. Subscribe even! http://www.examiner.com/x-18479-Richmond-StayatHome-Moms-Examiner

4. I'm thankful I've done all the back-to-school shopping for my kids. Woo! It's so fun picking out new back packs, lunchboxes, folders and notebooks. There is nothing like a fresh start and a new beginning.

5. I'm thankful for Jesus who provides me a fresh start and new beginning every day!
Lamentations 3:22-23 God's loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up.They're created new every morning. How great your faithfulness! I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over). He's all I've got left. (The Message)
What are you thankful for this week?

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Chatty Kelly

24 comments:

Sharon@JoyInTheTruth said...

Oh -- I want to be thankful for the school supply list being done...but it is not. On next week's "to do" list! :) I am in complete denial that it is mid-August! Ugh! The kids start back four weeks from yesterday. I am whining for more summer! (can you hear me in Virginia??)

Love you friend! Love #5, too!

Laurie said...

New mercies- how wonderful! Yes, there is no place like home. Have a great weekend... well almost.
Laurie

Greg C said...

Welcome back Kelly. Sounds like you girls had a wonderful time. I got so caught up in my post that I forgot to mention my freelance writing. Oops.

Funny thing is I almost mentioned the Ruby Slippers when I was writing about the ruby mine. Great minds think alike.

Yolanda said...

I, too, am so incredibly thankful for new starts, do-overs and new beginnings.

Love to you,
Yolanda

B His Girl said...

I love those ruby red slippers! I'm thankful this day also Kelly. We all need new beginnings. I will ck out your new thing going on. B

Irritable Mother said...

"He's all I've got left."
Amen. And that's why I've got to trust Him!

B His Girl said...

Love you bio Kelly on the Examiner. B

T. Anne said...

Love your four and five. Ditto that for me.

Billy Coffey said...

I'm going to second that back to school thing. And congratulations on your freelance gig. That's awesome!

Carmen said...

You remind me of my friend Adie... "a good pair of shoes, love of jewellery" (last one mentioned as a comment on Sue's blog). It's not so much me, but I love, love, love my friend Adie!

Seeing #4 reminded me of how young your kids are still. I've always loved the scripture you used in #5.

Great list today!

Gotta Have Faith said...

Sounds like you have been pretty busy! Great post and thanking you for sharing what you are thankful for! I too am thankful for so many things in this life God has given us.

Steve,

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

I love that His mercies are new EVERY DAY!

Great list and I am so thankful that you had such a great time at your conference!

Melanie said...

I just read that scripture from Lamentations last night!
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Heart2Heart said...

Kelly,

I love days like today when we can take a brief moment and look back. It's so amazing to see summer is just about over and the holidays are just around the corner.

Wow when did all that happen?

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Lisa said...

I too am thankful for the return to school and a more normal routine.
Blessings ~ Lisa

Ronel Sidney said...

Love it!! Especially the new start we have each day.. we are going back to school shopping this weekend and I am starting to get nervous to send my little man to kindergarten, probably will cry :0(

Thanks for the great reminder to be thankful!!

Lea said...

New starts are the best!
and there really is no place like home! I can't wait to get there!

MyJourneyBack said...

Oh great list. Yea for summer...Yea for school too. Aren't we funny. Lovely thankful list isn't it wonderful to start over everyday.
Many Blessings,
Sherry

Truth4thejourney said...

Hey girlfriend!

Your list was great. Having all of those things in your life is a blessing.

Love,
Sonya Lee

Edie said...

Oh there really is no place like home. But don't you think those shoes should be PINK!???

Gotta go read your latest examiner article.

Andrea said...

Amen!

Katy said...

Great list. Love the pic of your family.

Leslie said...

Love your #5! I'm not ready for school to start though! Not for my kids or for me! I LOVE SUMMER!

Hugs and Blessings, Leslie

LisaShaw said...

Came by to love on you and I'm so glad you are doing so well with your writing. To GOD be all the glory.

He has you on a beautiful journey...

Lots of love.