Friday, July 31, 2009

Naked and Not Ashamed

When my daughter Cici was three, she had to strip off all her clothes to go potty. I don't know why, but after chatting with a few other mommies I realized she was not alone in her idiosyncrasy so it didn't bother me too much. One afternoon she was in the bathroom, naked as a jaybird and just singing her heart out. "What are you doing?" I asked. "I'm singing to God!" she answered.

Naked and unashamed. She was praising the Lord in all his glory, while she was sitting on the throne (so to speak) in all her glory. Now, I've heard some people say they have there best prayer time in the shower, so I guess Cici's still not all alone, but I thought it was an interesting place (bathroom) and situation (naked) to praise God.

The truth is God doesn't care where or how we praise him, just so long as we do. So don't be a party-pooper. Be a Praising Pooper like Cici!

Genesis 2:25 -- The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame

Psalm 105:2 -- Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.

Revelation 19:5 -- Then a voice came from the throne, saying: "Praise our God, all you his servants, you who fear him, both small and great!"

To read my Examiner article, click the link here:
Disney's G-Force - thinking about buying a guinea pig


11 comments:

Jane In The Jungle said...

LOL, when my second son was 2 I saw him on the potty one day(yes he did the srtip also) with his eyes closed and hands folded. I didn't interupt but when I went back I asked what he was doing and he said "talking to God", One of my favorite memories!

Andrea said...

What a precious picture of true innocence.

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

Funny - I can just picture her in my mind! Praise in her birthday suit!

Edie said...

That's so cute. Emily has this fear of being alone in the bathroom and I told her to talk to Jesus or sing to Him. So now when she is in the bathroom alone I hear her singing Jesus Loves Me. :)

Yes we can praise Him where ever we are.

Much love my friend!

Carmen said...

So cute! At 3 my brother refused to go into our blow up pool in a bathing suit, he insisted on swimming naked. There's 12 years between us, so I was sometimes embarrassed by it, but he was happy and free as a bird in his outdoor bathtub!

Heart2Heart said...

This is so true! I get some of my best ideas while in the bathroom, that I even have a journal in there to capture some of those thoughts I know I won't write down when I leave the shower!

Inspiration comes, when it comes! We just have to be prepared to capture when it does!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Little ones just love the freedom of being naked don't they? My two love to run around the house naked and they just have no shame at all about it! It is great!
What a wonderful little girl you have!
Collette xxx

HisPrincess said...

As most busy mum's would well know, time in the bathroom is often the only time you get alone...well, sometimes!

Susanne said...

True innocence. Must make God smile!

Bonita said...

Oh, that we would all be that free!

Jess said...

YES!!!

Naked and not ashamed...I love it.

(my 4yo is barely able to keep on clothes - whether or not she's in the bathroom)...

Love,
Jess