Monday, October 6, 2008

Free Stuff


I love free stuff! "Buy one, get one free," "Free shipping," "In you act today, FREE." How about free samples? I love the little make-up samples at the mall. At those Bulk Discount Warehouses my kids love to sample the yummy foods, and they're free!

God offers us something wonderful, for free. It is the gift of eternal life. While we receive it without cost to us, Jesus paid the price in full so we could have this free gift. He died on the cross, paying the price for our sins. The wages (cost) of sin is death. But because Jesus paid that cost by his own death, then we are free to receive this gift.

But wait, there's more! If you act now, you will also receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. In addition to the gift of eternal life with God which you will receive at the time of your earthly death, you will also receive now, without waiting, the gift of the Holy Spirit. No shipping fees! Acts 2:38 says "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." There is no cost for this additional gift.

Act now! Don't miss out on this great offer. Simply confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)

There is no phone call to make, and He doesn't need your credit card number! Simply pray something like this:

"God, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

Don't let this FREE offer slip away! And come back for more FREE STUFF on Wednesday.

John 3:16 -- "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 8:32 -- Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Galatians 1:3-5 -- Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

16 comments:

MICHAEL said...

SAVED BY GRACE
Four years ago I dropped into a black hole – four months of ABSOLUTE TERROR!! I wanted to end my life…

I reached out to a friend who took me to hospital. I had three visits [hospital] in four months – I actually thought I was in hell. I had been seeing a therapist [1994] on a regular basis.

I actually thought I would be locked away – but the hospital staffs were very supportive...I had no control over my process.
I was released from hospital 16th September 1994, but my fear, pain & shame had only subsided a little. I remember this particular morning waking up [home] & my process would start up again [fear, pain, & shame].

No one could help me, not even my therapist [I was terrified].

I asked JESUS CHRIST to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins. Slowly, all my fear has dissipated & I believe Jesus delivered me from my “psychological prison.”

I am a practicing Catholic & the HOLY SPIRIT is my friend & strength; every day since then has been a joy & blessing.
I deserve to go to hell for the life I have led, but Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross, delivered me from my inequities.

John 3: 8, John 15: 26, are verses I can relate to, organically. He’s a real person who is with me all the time.

I have so much joy & peace in my life, today, after a childhood spent in orphanages [England & Australia].

Fear, pain, & shame, are no longer my constant companions. I just wanted to share my experience with you [Luke 8: 16 – 17].

I, MICHAEL, AM THE HOLY ONE OF GOD.

My ADHD Me said...

Thanks for the Special offer. I LOVE freebies, especially when there are no hidden costs----such as this one!
(shouldn't you have said "Acts" now? haha)

KelliGirl said...

Thanks for your powerful reminder of the amazing FREE gift that's available to each of us!

Loved the verses, too.

Runner Mom said...

Hey, Kelly!
Loved this! When I think about the fact that our "freebie" gift was purchased for us at such a price, I am just totally amazed! God is SO good. Great post and scriptures.
Love ya,
Susan

Kay Martin said...

"Free" has lost it's meaning for many of us because of the scams in our media and marketing world.

You're right God's grace and mercy salvation through Jesus Christ is truly free and with empowerment of Holy Spirit FREE-ING.

Loved this.

Greg C said...

But wait, don't touch that dial. If you are one of the first trillion people to act on this offer, God will throw in a warm feeling of inner peace.

The other day I thought about the day I was baptised and remembered the feeling I had that day. I still get chills when I witness a baptism or someone accepting Jesus. Great post.

Pinkshoelady said...

So creative!

I heard an evangelist say one day that if people could buy salvation they would be lined up out the doors of the church.

I'm so glad it is free! Cause I don't deserve it!

Love
Pamela

Edie said...

It is FREE and it is FOREVER! I am so thankful for this incredible gift of Life. Good words CK!

Rebecca Ingram Powell said...

Praise the Lord! He is so good! He offers free, undeserved grace to the likes of me!

Your post continues on a great message that my daughter and I were privileged to hear yesterday. She was leading worship across town, and the pastor there preached on Romans 6. How often do we, as Christians, remind ourselves of what we've been saved FROM and FOR? Thanks, CK--

Becoming Me said...

This was beautiful Kelly---I loved your thoughts and how you put them together.

On Purpose said...

This is one FREEBIE that needs passed around...lets go girls...keep passing it on to all your friends, neighbors, and all the people you meet today.

Mrs. Sidney said...

This was an amazing post!! Free Stuff.. I will be back for more!!

Anonymous said...

You have great blog mommy!!!!

love, your wonderful daughter

Truth4thejourney said...

The freebies never stop, there is so much more.

While salvation is free it does come with a cost. You'll have to give up pain, suffering, insecurities, lonliness, and the likes. Somehow I didn't want to keep any of those things! What a great God we serve.

Matthew 11:28 Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Love,
Sonya

Joy in The Truth (Sharon Sloan) said...

Wow...my kids breakfast devotion verse today was: "...having been justified by His grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life." Titus 3:7

And their verse the other morning (from a book we do each morning) was the verse about being called His friend. (like your previous blog post) Sounds like you might have written our breakfast time devotion book! :) It's all lining up! :)

Good stuff! But then again, His Word always is!

Hugs,
Sharon

Susan said...

Praise God for the awesome Gift we have been given and especially for the Holy Spirit!!

This was a great post!!

Hey, I'm having a little give a way, come by and check it out.

Blessings♥