Friday, October 10, 2008

Follow Me...

First off - I'm getting a blog make over!!! On Monday, I'll be debuting my new, beautiful custom made blog by Rich Gifts and Graphics. You may know Edie from her blog Rich Gifts. Rich Gifts and Graphics is her new business. Check her out!

In conjunction with my blog make over, I'll be holding a contest here next week so that YOU can win a blog make over by Edie! Details will appear Monday so be sure and check back. And if you come by Sunday, I may be "under construction" so don't worry!

Now, about the Follow Me title today. Jesus said to those who he picked to be his disciples "Follow me" He says it in Matthew 4:19 to Peter and Andrew, and again to another disciple in Matthew 8:22. But that isn't what I'm blogging about today.

Today, I am going to ask you to follow me. What?! No, I'm not getting freaky on you. This is a new blogger tool. I'm going to leave behind my blog roll, and instead update my blog to a "Follow Me" listing. This seems to be the latest & greatest blog tool. It is similar to a blog role, only it allows me to see who is "following me" and then in turn I can follow them. Sometimes I teach you about God, today I'm going to teach you about blogger.

By following YOUR blogs, I can see from my blogger dashboard when and if you've updated, allowing me to read more blogs, because I'll only visit you when you've updated, and not on days when you haven't. So I can visit someone else on that day. It will save me time, and by following me you can only visit me when I've updated, and it will save you time too. Plus you won't miss if I do a "bonus" blog, because it will let you know on your dashboard when I've updated.

To Follow Me, simply click the pink "Follow This Blog" link under "Chatty Friends."

If you want more information - here is what blogger has to say on the subject:

What is Following?
Do you have a favorite blog and want to let the author and readers know that you are a fan? Well now you can do that and more with the Blogger Following feature! You can even keep track of the blogs you follow on the Blogger dashboard.


How do I become a Follower of a blog?
There are several ways to become a follower of a blog. One of the easiest ways is to visit a blog that has added the Following widget and click on the "Follow this Blog" link under the "Followers" widget:

You'll then see a popup window with the options to either follow publicly or anonymously:
Select how you'd like to follow the blog, then click the orange "Follow" button. It is that simple, you are now a follower of the blog!


So today, I'm hoping you will FOLLOW ME! Thanks! Have a great weekend! Look for my exciting new look on Monday!

15 comments:

My ADHD Me said...

Sounds easy enough/ What a great idea! When can you do it for me?

The Patterson 5 said...

Can't wait to see your new look!

Beverlydru said...

You are nudgin' me to get serious about a makeover too. I set a date and haven't thought about it since. Maybe I'll win. : )

I have seen the new "follower" tool and haven't used it yet. It looks a bit cumbersome but maybe I'm just not used to it yet. I use Google Reader to view all my favorite blogs and it shows you who has a new post. That's a handy tool too. Widgets and gadgets galore.

I also want to thank you for not having that verification window thingy for commenters. Those slow me down big time. Seems I never type it right the first time.

Bonita said...

Hmmm...is this similar to Bloglines which I already use? This technical stuff is so hard for me and I have so little time to devote to learning something new. By the way, Bloglines failed to tell me about your last 8 entries until today. I thought you were busy or quite blogging or something! Duh!

Can't wait to see the new look!

Truth4thejourney said...

Looking forward to seeing the new you!

I'm definitely a Chatty Kellly follower. Wouldn't miss that opportunity for anything! I always enjoy reading your posts. :)

Love,
Sonya

Edie said...

Well look at that, I was your first follower, and here I thought I wan't a leader. LOL

After reading ADHD-Jo's comment, I now realize why you are the only person she follows. Ha!

Looking forward to getting your New Look up and running!

On Purpose said...

Excited to see your new blog!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I keep forgetting to do this when I visit people. I'll have to get used to looking at this instead of my blogroll on my site. Old habits die hard. See, your mother-in-law is a secret "Ken Lee'er!" Let me know when you get your mug. I sent it Wednesday afternoon. I hope it arrives in one piece. The mail lady helped me.

Greg C said...

I have never been much of a follower. I prefer to lead but I fell right in with the others. :)
I am already having a makeover done and I too should have a new look but sometime next week. Oh no, I am following again.

Runner Mom said...

Thank you, darling girl!!! I'll give it a try--after being chauffeur, cook, and dishwasher unloader for my boys!!Thanks so much! Looking forward to the make-over! I loved getting my new one.

Enjoy your weekend.
Love ya,
Susan

HisPrincess said...

Ok, no worries, I'm happy to stalk, I mean follow you!

The Patterson 5 said...

Thanks for following my blog! I figured out how to put it on the page! I saw on the Today show Wonder Woman and naturally I thought of you!

Mrs. Sidney said...

I am now following..

sailorcross said...

Oh, a makeover!! How exciting!! I can't wait to see the results!!

I've been thinking about going to a three column blog, but every time I look at the instructions for this it just boggles my mind!!

Beth

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

Hi Kelley!
I'm excited for tomorrow.
Love your header and bright pink n green happy colors!
whooHooOo!
I enjoyed reading how God designed you!
Edie has some great questions!
Lea