Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday Tips


Welcome to Tuesday Tips - The First Edition! I am so glad you came by to post a tip. Instructions will follow. But here is my tip...

My kids (ages 4 & 9) often interrupt me with "I'm thirsty!" and I have to stop whatever I'm doing to make them a cup of water. My husband asked the other day "why don't you make them get it?" And I told him "They can't reach the cups." So he said wisely "Move the cups." (um, duh. Why had I never considered this??)

So now all my kid cups are on the bottom shelf, and the kids help themselves to water whenever they want. Easy, but so time saving for me.

What's your Tuesday Tip?

Put your name, with your tip in parenthesis, example: Chattykelly (kids help themselves). Then link to your page. To do this, write your tip at your blog & publish it. Click on your title of your posting, and then copy & paste it here in Mr. Linky. Easy. Can't wait to read your Tuesday Tip!
If you don't blog, feel free to leave a tip in the comments section!



6 comments:

The Patterson 5 said...

I am going to move my cups! What a great tip!

Truth4thejourney said...

So often we can't see the answers even if they are obvious. Having someone else look at the situation seems to make a big difference. :)

My ADHD Me said...

OK, here's a tip. If your CDs or DVD's have a scratch. Rub a dab of toothpaste on them and it buffs the scratch out. Don't rub in circles. Rub from the outside to the hole in the middle and back out. I've tried it and it works. (not gel toothpaste)!

Mrs. Sidney said...

Great tip!!

Edie said...

Great tip! Don't you just hate when you miss the obvious. Ha! I love your Tuesday Tips idea so I have joined in. Thanks and nice to meet you!

HisPrincess said...

Ummmm.

People laugh at me for this. Well people laugh at me for lots of things and this is one of them.

When hanging your washing out on the line (here in Aust we have clothes lines with four sides) I put each member of the familie's clothes on one side of the line. Then when I take them off I fold as I go and the washing is all sorted! I realise this only works with four members in your family, but it's all I could think of this afternoon. Next time I'll link properly but today it's all just too hard.

Oh, here's a tip. You know how they tell you that if you brush, floss and rinse your teeth they will be strong and won't crumble into itty bitty peices every time you bite something harder than a marshmallow? They were LYING!!!! It's all a scam to sell toothpaste! As you may remember I had a visit to the dentist today...not happy.

Ok. That might be a little unreasonable. If your kids are reading this I'm just kidding. Run along and clean those teeth.