Saturday, August 23, 2008

Got Passion?

Edie over at Rich Gifts posed the question "What's your passion or passions? What has God given you a heart for or about? How is it revealed in your life?"

I've thought and I've thought. (Of course, I had to participate - she was the only person who linked to my Tuesday Tips, except my personal friend, Mrs. Patterson 5.) I've come to a conclusion. I am a passionate person.

I am passionate about my faith. I love God. I am excited by learning revelations about him. I enjoy singing worship songs. I love sharing the message of faith to others. I believe evangelism is my spiritual gift and I am as comfortable talking about God, as I am writing about him.

I am passionate about my children. All my life, all I've ever wanted to be is a mom. It has always been my hearts desire. Some days are better than others, but for the most part, it is my life's dream come true. I enjoy raising them, teaching them, guiding them, and I enjoy their company...most of the time. 10 days until school starts.

I am passionate about my husband.
I am passionate about my volunteer activities.
I care deeply for my friends.
I adore my dog, Buddy.

I guess an easier question to answer would be what am I not passionate about. Housework. Yuck.

Thanks for giving me a chance to link up, Edie.

If the rest of you haven't been to Edie's blog, check out the beautiful FREE scripture tags. I've posted one on my side bar.


11 comments:

Jen - Balancing beauty and bedlam said...

Yea for passionate women!! I am there with you sister.

HisPrincess said...

I don't really know what I'm passionate about. I will have to give it some thought...

But I'm with you on the housework!

Truth4thejourney said...

This is good to know! We are passionate people, aren't we! I think our passions can change with different seasons in our lives, too. I've listed some of my passions over at my blog. :)

Love,
Sonya

Edie said...

Hi CK! These are great passions to have. Our spiritual gifts are generally our areas of passion aren't they? I'm so glad you joined in. (I actually enjoy housework much of the time. :))

Runner Mom said...

I'm passionate about a lot of stuff! My family, friends, church, and God! The more time I spend with Him, the more passionate I become for Him. Loved your post, girlfriend!

Love ya,
Susan

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

Hi ChattyKelly,
Loved my visit here! ~ I can so relate to some of the things on your list too. Especially the housework part. LOL
Have a beautiful sabbath evening,
L

Stephanie said...

Hi Kathy, thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's nice to "meet you"! It's wonderful that you're passionate about being a mom - that's something I very much want to be as well someday, Lord willing! God bless you!

My ADHD Me said...

Reading this was like listening to you speak. Everything you mentioned, I have seen you be passionate about.
Nice post.

Beverlydru said...

Once again, I relate to you so much. I tend to be passionate about alot of things... but never housework. Oh well... getting it out of the way is one good thing about it.

Eve said...

You are a passionate person. LOL...I hadn't really thought about it , but I am too. And my main passion is being a good Christian.

The Patterson 5 said...

You are passionate about these things! It's fun to see you in action in your parenting and evangelizing! You encourage others to become passionate too!