Monday, January 3, 2011

Fame

Remember my name, (Fame).
I'm gonna live forever,
I'm gonna learn how to fly, (High).

Fame, Irene Cara, 1980

Immortality, and not the Spiritual kind. People long to be remembered, noticed, important. Fame. It's the stuff reality show contestants long for. Don't we all want at least be noticed? We may not long for fame in the true sense of the word, but we at least want people to remember our name.

For me, its the hope to see my name in print. I want to write. And while I love writing, I long for my writing to be noticed. Remember my name! (fame!) To be acknowledged as good enough to appear in print makes my writing worthwhile. But what if nobody reads?

Let's just say my blog stats are not off the charts. I don't go visiting other blogs as I resolved to spend less time on the computer at the end of 2010. So of course, my readership dropped. I don't have a book or column (Fame!) to bring people over to read.

At times I question whether to keep writing. Yet, every time I do, God sends me a little nudge to keep going. So I keep writing, even if I'm unsure of who's reading. Because I write for the Lord.

I love him. And because I love and trust in him...I'm gonna make it to heaven.
Light up the sky like a flame, (Fame). I'm gonna live forever. Because I remember HIS name!


Chatty Kelly

7 comments:

Gwen S said...

I'm reading! :) Keep going as God leads you.

Penny said...

Oh, keep writing, cause I'm still reading! =)

Lea said...

Dear Kelly,
You have a gift to write.
I understand what you mean about the numbers etc. But you're doing what God created you to do:... - share Him.

You know the old saying: To the world you may be one person... but to one person you may be the world. ;) -- I'd like to tell you that you have made a difference in my life. There are things that I have read here that I hope to carry with me for the rest of my life. I can only imagine how many others you have touched as well.

Be encouraged.
holykisses,
Lea

Melanie said...

I can relate. If I did not write my head might explode so it's best I write even when it seems few read.

Pinkshoelady said...

Right there with you sister...in every way!
I too desire the "Fame" or at least some validation that my writing has inspired someone. I too dropped off the bloggy interstate for some rest time. But I too can't stop writing or telling stories no more than I can stop breathing.
Praying with you and for you. One more thing to remember...because we belong to HIM..we don't need "Fame" to live forever!

Tracy said...

I don't always comment, but I ALWAYS read! Please don't stop!
Your forever 2nd chance friend...

Sue J. said...

We ain't seen the best of you yet....

You've got lots of great stories to tell and goodness knows there are a ton more 80s songs, so we'll be checking in often!