Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Just Do It

"Do as I say, not as I do" was a common quote my mom used when I was growing up. She smoked several packs of cigarettes each day, all the while detailing the dangers of smoking to us kids. "But mom, you smoke," we'd point out. Then she'd quote that infamous line to us. She knew what she should do, but for whatever reason she didn't do it.

Many of us are still like that today. Consider all the plans, pills and patches on the market for weight loss. We all know the two things need to lose weight: Eat less and move (or exercise) more. Yet we spend millions of dollars each year for gimmicks because although we know what we should do,w e just don't do it.

Nike, the famous athletic apparel company, coined the phrase "Just do it." But it's not that easy. The apostle Paul was more on target when he said, "What I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do - this I keep on doing." (Rom 7:19) So we keep on smoking or overeating or failing to do what we know we should.

The Bible gives us a summary of what we must do to put feet to our faith....

Meet me over at Titus 2 in Action where I am a guest contributor today to read the rest of this post. Click the button below.

Titus 2 in Action


Chatty Kelly

6 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Heading over ...

My ADHD Me said...

Great Post!!

Just kidding...I'm on my way now!

Andrea said...

On my way over!!
Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
andrea

My ADHD Me said...

Hi.
Mocha with Linda has a Friday Flashback meme. This week is to write about a favorite teacher. Just thought you might be interested since you had such a special one.

My ADHD Me said...

Happy Mother's Day to one of the best mom's I know.
I am SO very proud of you!

sanjeet said...

Great Post!
indian classified site