Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday 10/15

5 things I'm thankful for this week:

1. My 5 yr old, who usually I have to drag out of bed and fuss at all morning to get ready for school, came down this morning fully dressed, ready for school, without me even waking her up, and announced "I also made up my bed." What?

2. Thankful that even when I'm not having coffee dates with my friends (we've all been so busy lately) that the friendship remains. I thankful that friendships weather time & seasons.

3. Thankful for a fun filled weekend! We went apple picking on Saturday, and to the pumpkin patch on Monday (school holiday). It was a great weekend for family fun, and spending time with friends.

4. The economy is bad, and things are "tight" for us, yet I still feel so blessed at the abundance of things I already have. We didn't get to go on vacation this summer, yet we belong to a pool and had theme park season passes. We may not be able to go out and buy "new things," but we have so many things already. We have our food, clothing, shelter. We are so blessed. Thank you Jesus!

5. I'm thankful that God is always God. He's not just God during the good, or during the bad, but always. Beth Moore says when we are worrying about the "What ifs" of life (what if I lose my job, what if a loved one dies, what if....) we need to remember no matter what happens, God is still God. Amen!


Chatty Kelly

19 comments:

Truth4thejourney said...

Your #5 spoke volumes to my soul, dear friend! God is always God which makes it so much easier for us to roll our cares onto Him.

Glad you had fun last weekend, because this weekend could be rainy.

See you soon!

Love,
Sonya

Andrea said...

There is always much to be thankful for as we look around. Thank you for being a faithful prayer warrior and friend.

Blessings, andrea

My ADHD Me said...

Alberquando did the same thing this morning! What's up with these kids!!!

I can relate to #4. I was thinking just the same thing this morning.

Great minds think alike!

Greg C said...

I agree, amen to #5. No more worrying for me. Little birds don't worry so why should we. God takes care of us all.

~ Dawn ~ said...

Great thankful list! I love #2 and especially #5. Thank you for sharing. Have a blessed day!

Divine Mrs D said...

I love numbers 4 and 5! I think that's beautiful. :)

Sue J. said...

RJ2 slept through the night last night! Nothing to keep you awake like the one who's usually waking you up sleeping.

What if's will keep you up at night, too, and worrying all day long. Maybe we need to say "So what, if?" Every day has enough trouble of its own, and without God, we wouldn't make it through!

Will be good to see you soon! Just not this week....

Heart2Heart said...

Kelly,

I love your number 1. Just the little things in our day just can make us so proud and smile so big! Way to go! Looking forward to the apple weekend in about 3 more weeks here.

Wonderful list as always.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Casey said...

Yay for #1 I have a 5 year old and know that struggle! #5 is amazing and my favorite thing to be thankful for. Thank you for sharing your list. Have a blessed day

Looking Up said...

Wonderful list.

On Purpose said...

I am SO with you on the #4 and the #5 this week!

Just returned from Bible Study and watching the "What If" video!

Sharon@JoyInTheTruth said...

Hello, Friend!

Your heart seems especially soft and beautifully humble with this list. God is so good!

Sharing in your thanks!
Love,
Sharon

KrippledWarrior said...

Thankful for the air we breathe.

Edie said...

God is still God. I am SO thankful for that Truth.

Isn't it great when you get a glimpse of responsibility in the little ones. :)

lisasmith said...

Today I am thankful that the child who spilled paprika all over the carpet cleaned out his entire closet by himself...while I scrubbed the paprika stain ;)

Susan said...

What a great list, Kelly! I am always amazed when my guys just "get up". So rare, but such a blessing!

Hope you're well.

Susan

Mocha with Linda said...

Had a busy day yesterday and didn't make it buy! But they're still great on Friday!

Lea said...

Girl, you are SOOOOOOOOOO right!
We need to look at what we already have and not what we don't. Content in all circumstances. God is still God.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holykisses!! xoxo

2Thinks said...

Very good list. I'm reading it late, but it is still great late.