Friday, June 5, 2009

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

We all have dark days. Some times we feel like we can't get through them. Then we see the light. In hindsight things aren't as bad as we thought. Or maybe they are bad, but because we see the light at the end of the tunnel, we keep pushing through.

Where does that phrase come from, "the light at the end of the tunnel?" It's literal meaning is something which makes you believe that a difficult or unpleasant situation will end. But I know differently. Jesus called himself "the light of the world." When I'm in a dark situation, I know I have the LIGHT at the end of the tunnel. Jesus, the LIGHT, is there guiding me to the end of a bad situation.

Just because Jesus is in my life, doesn't mean that bad things don't happen because the world is dark. Sometimes I'm in the dark, while others I have tunnel vision. But I know, that there is the LIGHT at the end of the tunnel, guiding me, waiting for me, bringing me out of the dark and into the light.

Have you seen the LIGHT?


John 8:12 -- When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

John 9:5 -- [Jesus said,] "While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

John 12:35-36 -- Then Jesus told them, "You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. The man who walks in the dark does not know where he is going. Put your trust in the light while you have it, so that you may become sons of light."

Chatty Kelly

14 comments:

My ADHD Me said...

There are tunnels all through my cave. Thankfully, there is a light peeking out. It is Jesus, but you know what...it is you also.

B His Girl said...

Hi Kelly,

I just wrote that phrase two days ago. I see the light. B

2Thinks said...

I've seen the light and am thankful to have been given the eyes to see. Good post.

Heidi

Julie Gillies said...

Kelly,

I see the light, I walk in the light, and I am in love with the light of this world...Jesus.

Have a blessed weekend!

Kay Martin said...

Yes, the long dark tunnels are tough. But when a flicker of light shows in the distance my fears subside. I'm convinced my faith was developed when I saw no light but refused to give fear my all because of what I determined to believe of God of the Bible and God working in my life in past situations.

But when I find mysef in one of those tunnels it's a fight. I read this from some theologian: "you don't need faith if you have zero doubts." Doubting is part of the human condition but when faith is working; doubt has to move on.

Great work again.

Edie said...

This fits with the lesson I was doing this morning related to His Guidance. He is my Guiding Light.

Mama Zen said...

Just beautiful!

Patrice said...

Thanks for the post, I was there just last week! I loved what ADHD Me said....there are tunnels all through my cave....there is a light peeking out, it is Jesus! Amen!

LisaShaw said...

Well said Kelly!

Praise the LORD!

HisPrincess said...

I sometimes forget.

When the tunnel is dark and long I forget to reach out, to look for the light that is always there. I just don't see it all the time. But I'm so grateful that He is there.

Angela said...

Thank you so much for this lovely bit of truth and encouragment. I needed it right about now.

Carmen said...

Good post Kelly! The darkness cannot comprehend the light, and the light shines on in the darkness. What an encouraging thing! A good thing to remember when we're going through the middle of that valley of the shadow of death!

Leslie said...

At times I have to laugh at myself because I'll be going through something difficult and won't know what to do, and then I'll remember, "Oh yeah, Jesus! He'll light this dark path I'm walking on!" I laugh because how can I possibly forget about him? DUH!!!

God's girl said...

Praise God for the light of this world...Jesus:)