Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday - 4/2

Welcome to Thankful Thursday. This is the part of our show where Larry comes out and sings a silly song. Oops. I mean, this is the part of my blog where I write five things, big or small, that I am thankful for each week. This week:

1. I won a book! Linda (Mocha with Linda) randomly picked me to win, and it's always fun to win, isn't it? I love to read, so I'll be enjoying the book "If Tomorrow Never Comes."

2. For great teachers! I am so blessed with wonderful teachers for my kids. This is huge, especially when I hear stories from families who do not have loving, caring, Christian teachers for their children. THANK YOU TEACHERS!

3. My sister! (Both of them, but today I am being thankful especially for Mary in honor of her birthday yesterday).

4. My final edition in my 4 Part "THE POWER" series over at ithirst ezine. This was my first multi-part writing series with a monthly deadline, and I did it!

5. Spring break next week! I am SO TIRED, this week has been exhausting. So I'm thankful for the chance next week to sleep late, do fun day trips with my girls and maybe even do some Spring cleaning (and clothes sorting. You moms know you have to rotate the clothes every season as the kids grow, and it's time!)

That's my five things this week. How about you? Leave me a comment, or link up over at Truth 4 the Journey by clicking the button at the bottom of this post.

But since I mentioned silly songs...here is a silly song with Larry I'd never heard! And since it's about Monkeys and Monkeys are Funny, (or at least that's what I've heard) well I had to post it. Enjoy...or not. :-)




Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Chatty Kelly

11 comments:

Kay Martin said...

I'm thankful to be the first one on your comment section to say I thank God for YOU!!!

My ADHD Me said...

If it doesn't have a tail it's not a monkey.
If it doesn't have a tail it not a monkey.
If it doesn't have a tail it's not a monkey it's an ape.

Oh great. Guess what I'll be humming all day....

Thanks for the great birthday!!

Mocha with Linda said...

You're gonna think the title of the book is "If the Book Never Comes" but I finally mailed it with your sister's today!!

Mrs. Sidney said...

Too funny!!

I like the part about teachers.. I was nervous about Noodle entering public school after attending one year of preschool at our church but guess what, both of Lucas teachers are christians.. it has been such a blessing especially with the obedience issues we were having.

Happy Thursday!!

Greg C said...

Sooooooo are you saying I am an ape?

Let's see
I am thankful that I have tomorrow off.
I am thankful that it is raining and the pollen is getting washed away.
I am thankful that I finished, I mean my son finished his science project last night.
I am thankful that I haven't got a tail.
I am thankful for great friends like you who just posted on my blog. :)

Leslie said...

I am thankful for your number 2 comment since I am a teacher at a christian preschool! I am thankful that it is sunny today. I'm thankful for my family and wonderful co-workers. I'm thankful that I only have about 6 weeks left of work and will have the summer off to rest and relax! I'm thankful for being a child of God.

Also, thank you for this post today. It's been a tough day for me, and I needed to remember what I am thankful for!

LisaShaw said...

Hey Kelly,

Happy Birthday to your sister Mary!

Our teen is on spring break this week and it's been wonderful. I pray you enjoy yours next week with your kids.

I enjoyed reading your list and congratuations on the gift you received.

As for my 5 things I'm thankful for this week:

1. That I'm still here, alive in Christ.

2. For the special moments with my husband.

3. For the enjoyable errands I've run with my daughter.

4. For new friends.

5. Warm weather finally.

Love ya!

Lisa said...

God is so good! Great Teachers make all the difference in the world. I pray that you will have a refreshing Spring Break!
Blessings - Lisa

Mary Moss said...

What a great list! I hope you will enjoy Spring break:-)

skoots1mom said...

too funny!

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Sis,
((Hugz))) I enjoyed reading your thankful list. Makes me want to find more things to be thankful for myself. Congrats on winning a wonderful book. Thanks for dropping by I am always blessed by your presence and sweet smile and spirit.

Hugz Lorie