Monday, March 30, 2009

Life Call

"Help! I've fallen and I can't get up." So was the tag line of the commercial for a product called Life Call. Marketed to senior citizens in the late 80's to 1990, this product was worn around the neck like a pendant, and if a senior fell, they could activate it so that emergency services would respond.

Sometimes I get overwhelmed in life. My desk is buried with my papers, my counter is covered with school papers, my car is buried in gold fish crumbs and snack wrappers. Even my wallet is buried in my purse in a mass of receipts and notes. I feel like I've fallen and I can't get up!

I don't need a Life Call to be heard. My call goes out to my Savior. In the words of Mandisa, "My deliverer has rescued me." I know where my help comes from. I just need to be sure that my Life Call is going to the right emergency service provider. My Provider hears my call and rescues me, every time I need it.

Psalm 31:2 -- Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.

Psalm 71:2 -- Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness; turn your ear to me and save me.

Psalm 144:2 -- He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me.

Chatty Kelly

10 comments:

On Purpose said...

Praising Him that He answers everytime we call!

Greg C said...

I am glad that you put in that line about the "right emergency service provider" So many people call out for help and accept the wrong "help" Me included. I am still learning too.

Mrs. Sidney said...

Yes He does answer... funny my post today was about being in His presence especially through the messiness of life.

Blessings, Ronel

Joy in The Truth said...

Kelly, I think our cars, our counters, and our wallets are cousins! They sound so much alike! :)

He is our Rescuer! :)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

The Hula Hoop Confession cracked me up. That is so you.

Leslie said...

I'm a member of BookMooch, an online book trading group. I recently requested a book entitled "File...Don't Pile!" When it arrived 2 or 3 weeks ago, I never opened the package and just let it sit on my dining room table. It was only a few days ago that I opened it and put it on my bookshelf. Kind of ironic!

I think God is more pleased when we are "Marys" rather than "Marthas". We just need to sit at his feet and everything else will be taken care of.

Melanie said...

My desk is usually a mess.
My plan for this week: declutter and reorganize the stuff before we all fall around here and can't get up!
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Always a Southern Girl said...

Isn't that the most wonderful thing. He hears our every prayer and when we can't form words, He knows our moans and utterances.

Kay Martin said...

My mess is beyond my desk. God's mercy is my hope as you so well wrote today.

My ADHD Me said...

Clutter clutter everywhere....But my headache is going away so at least I can get up!