Friday, April 1, 2011

Take Your Vitamins

A vitamin regimen requires daily action. You must take a vitamin every day to keep consistent doses of each vitamin in your system. Doing so maintains proper health and keeps your energy levels strong.

You couldn't just take 7 vitamins on Sunday and call it good for the week. Yet, so many of us do just that for our spiritual health. We get a little dose of God on Sunday and call it a week. Or worse, we attempt to make up for lost time taking in large doses of scripture that instead of giving us teachable moments, overdose or overwhelm us.

When I take in daily doses of the Bible I maintain a steady communication with God, and maintain my spiritual health and energy. If I try to take in a huge dose once a week, I lose the opportunity to see daily glimpses of God in my every day life. I need to be consistent.

Next time you hear someone talking about vitamins, consider if you've had your Vitamin B (Bible!) for the day!

Chatty Kelly

6 comments:

KelliGirl said...

Wise words, indeed.

I can't say I "consume" the same dose on a daily basis, but my regular intake of Vitamin B surely bolsters my spiritual health. God's word is truly life-giving.

How are you?! I've been so MIA on blogs and I've missed you.

Happy Friday,
Kelli

Sharon Sloan - Joy In The Truth said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Sharon Sloan - Joy In The Truth said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Sharon Sloan - Joy In The Truth said...

Oh yes- I need my daily dose!!!! I "desperately require His precepts" - Psalm 119:45 (AMP)

Loree Huebner said...

Great post! So much truth in your thoughts, Kelly.

I like to get my daily dose. It keeps steady in the wind.

Have a great weekend!

A multi-dimensional life said...

Yes, that "B" vitamin...the best anti-oxidant ever! That consistency you mention is so important! Thanks for the reminder.
Thanks also, for visiting and for your kind comments on my blog!
I hope you have a wonderful week-end!