Monday, April 4, 2011

A Little Less Conversation, Elvis

A little less conversation,
a lot more action please...

Little Less Conversation, Elvis, 1968

As Christians we can sometimes get stuck in church. You know what I mean, we are going to church on Sunday, attending a Bible study, going to Wednesday night dinners, and yes, even peppering our daily conversation with appropriate Bible verses.

Do you ever feel like God is saying, "A little less conversation, a lot more action please"? The Bible puts it this way, "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." (James 1:22).

It's true that to be doers of the Word, we have to hear it first. But it's when we only hear, and not do, we are fooling ourselves. We need to have a little less conversation, a lot more action.

So Come on, come on, come on, come on! Let's get busy living a life of doing what God asks. Once you're doing the good works that God planned in advance for you to do, you'll find nothing else can satisfy you. When I'm living the life God calls me to live, nothing else can...Satisfy me, Baby!

Chatty Kelly

3 comments:

Gwen S said...

I can definitely relate! This happens easily -- we've been there, heard that. Read, rest, repeat. I also remember something you once said about keeping busy -- even with church things. So I'm glad you focused your post on action for God (not just action for the sake of action). Awesome. Thank you!!

Sue J. said...

What a great choice of song today! Love it!! God has great plans for us everyday--not just to do things, but to be a witness of His presence and Word in what we're doing. And, often, it's not at all about talking!

Loree Huebner said...

Wonderful post. So true, Kelly!

Every single time I leave the house, I ask God to show me someone I can bless. He never fails to show me...its up to me to take it from there.