Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I am finally getting to join Greg for the Thankful Thursday meme. My hope had been to join him last week, but my computer crashed, so here are my items for last week and this week.

1. I am thankful for a new hard drive! And that I had much of my stuff backed up.

2. I am thankful that my daughter is working toward the transition to middle school in September, and the Lord is with us every step of the way.

3. I am thankful for my birthday! It was a great celebration. (See photos below!)

4. I am thankful to be in Bible study. I love learning more about my Savior. I am also thankful for good friends who show up at just the right time. The song "lean on me" is so true. I'm thankful for good friends to lean on, when I'm not strong.

5. I am thankful that I am getting time to write. It isn't always easy to get that time.

#3 - My Birthday!!

Happy Birthday to me. (Yes, I needed a hair cut):

My ice cream party:
My cards:


The cutie tote from a good friend. (notice it's my colors!)


A fancy suit from my husband & girls:



Turn your head, the photo is the wrong angle. This is an insulated hot/cold mug with my intial in it (hot pink of course). It can hold either my coffee or my frappachino! From a friend.

From my sister, MyADHDMe. Seinfeld used to be my favorite show. A devotional, Mocha with Max, which I've already read and loved, a mini-frame (Says Hershey's in it, like I would frame chocolate or something. LOL! That was a joke from her). And finally a notebook with a pug on it. She bought it because it looked like my dog. Except it doesn't at all. To a non-dog person a pug & a Boston Terrier might look alike. So she said other than the color and the breed, it looks just like my dog. A typical MyADHDMe gift, and I think it was my favorite, just because it made me laugh out loud, and still makes me laugh every time I look at it.



Beuatiful book mark & Bible ribbon books marks from a friend.


It was a great birthday!

And now, just for my sister.

Boston terrier:
Pug:

Please make a note of it. LOL! I am teasing her.


Chatty Kelly

15 comments:

Sharon Sloan said...

Looks like a great birthday celebration, my friend!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Sharon

Jenny said...

Great list. Laughed out Loud that your sister thought a pug looked like a boston :) I went to a pet store once and they had bugs, which were bostons and pugs mixed...cutest puppies.

Andrea said...

Looks like an awesome Birthday Celebration!! You look awesome!! Hugs, andrea

Melanie said...

I love a Tervis Tumbler.
Haircut? Mine is longer than it has been in 4 years, at least.

Mary said...

What great & thoughtful presents, even though it's not the right breed! I was worried to death about my oldest going to middle school: he adjusted better than I did with it!

Mocha with Linda said...

Happy birthday! Love the tote - my colors too! And I almost got one of those insulated tumblers when I saw them at Bed Bath & Beyond last week!

Sandy said...

Happy belated birthday!

2Thinks said...

Well, their noses are the same.

Hey, nice birthday loot! A suit? Wow.

Your thankfuls reminded me that I need to do some leaning on and remember He is there every step of the way.
Thanks.

Greg C said...

I am sorry the linky thing didn't work. Some other people said it worked for them. Maybe it is because you are OLDER. haha. I am thankful for great blog friends like you.

Sue J. said...

Want ice cream!!!

I'm thankful I got to spend part of your birthday with you!

SusanD said...

Happy Birthday to youuuuu! :) Blessings, SusanD

KrippledWarrior said...

Sorry I missed the party. Ice cream is still my great vice.

My ADHD Me said...

Hmmm....When you put them next to each other they don't look ANYTHING alike! They just looked SO similar before....

Edie said...

Glad you had a great b-day! Sorry I'm late to the party. Have a great weekend!

Marla said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!