Tuesday, March 16, 2010

God IS Everywhere

I know God is everywhere. But sometimes I tend to segregate him to certain places. You know, God is at church, at my house, my Bible study.

My children have always gone to private school. I know God is at the small, Christian private school where they attend. Next year, however, my 10 yr old will begin middle school, and for the first time ever attend public school. Now if you or your kids or grand kids already attend public school, you are thinking "no big deal." However, this is a new experience to us, as I also attended private school K-8th. Could we find God in the public school?

After much prayer, I do believe that we are sending her the place best to get the best education. So, in January when we enrolled her, she & I sat in the car in the parking lot, and prayed before we entered the school. If we were in the "right" place, would God show himself to us, and if we were in the wrong place, to put up a road block.

As we sat in the office waiting, three teachers entered. They were talking about Esther. From the Bible. They were going on about the Beth Moore Esther Bible study they were doing. (The same one I happened to be doing at the time.) Christian teachers. In the Public School. I saw God.

Monday my daughter went on a tour of the school. Together with about 20 students, we toured the facilities. As we entered the chorus room, the teacher asked if we'd like to hear a song. The chorus belted out a rousing rendition of "Didn't my Lord deliver Daniel?" As they sang about Daniel delivered from the lion's den, and Jonah from the belly of a whale, I said to myself, "The Lord is in this place."

God is everywhere we go. No matter what decisions you are facing, remember the Lord is with you today. Put your trust in him, and he will deliver you.

Daniel 6:27 -- He rescues and he saves; he performs signs and wonders in the heavens and on the earth. He has rescued Daniel from the power of the lions.

Daniel 4:2,3 -- It has seemed good to me to declare the signs and wonders which the Most High God has done for me. How great are His signs And how mighty are His wonders! His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom And His dominion is from generation to generation.


Chatty Kelly

Traditional Spiritual: Didn't My Lord Deliver Daniel

6 comments:

Sue J. said...

How 'bout that!?! COOL... He is amazing....

Runner Mom said...

Love that! Yes, God is in the public schools! I saw Him each day! She will have a great year, and she will be an awesome witness!

Hugs!
Susan

Rebecca Ingram Powell said...

Love this, love this, love this!

Rebecca Ingram Powell said...

And let me add, you saw Him because you were looking for Him! I say with Brandon Heath: "Give me Your eyes.."--that's my heart's cry.

Andrea said...

I just love it when GOD not only shows up, HE out does HIMSELF....and that is what HE did in your presence. I am not sure if HE could have answered any louder!

Thank you for your love, encouragement and support as I continue to put one foot in front of the other following HIS lead!

Hugs, love, and prayers,
andrea

Marla said...

Amen! He doesn't want us to hide or fear but rather to be strong and courageous as we go forward. Very exciting!