Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday - 3/27

Five things this week that I am thankful for, big or small....

1. My name in print! I received a copy of one of my articles in print. It looks so good. Nothing like seeing my article type set, with illustrations. It's exhilarating!

2. Getting together with friends. Went to a Bonfire birthday party Saturday night and it was so nice just to visit with everyone (Bible study buddies, their hubbies and kids.) Fellowship is good for the soul.

3. Setting the right example. My nine year old has decided to read the entire Bible ("just like mom.") She has challenged me that she is going to beat me in reading it. She's already read Matthew, Mark and Revelations so she just might! I'm so thankful that she is emulating a positive quality in me. :-)

4. Positive Peer Pressure. Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee (button below) is hosting a challenge to do 30 minutes of exercise a day, 5 days a week, for 2 weeks, then post about it. I'm in! I did my 1 hour Body & Soul class this morning, so we'll see how it goes.




5. Praying friends. I've mentioned this one before, but I'm always thankful to have friends who are praying for me! And people who love me, "warts" and all. (I don't really have any warts...just a few flaws here and there). Shocking, I know. But true. (LOL!)

That's it. Five things I'm thankful for this week. How about you? Tell me what you're thankful for in my comments, or link up at Truth 4 the Journey by clicking the button below.

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Chatty Kelly

20 comments:

Tammy said...

Congratulations on your article!

How wonderful it is to know that your daughter desires to read God's Word.

Kay Martin said...

Love the writing in print: isn't it a great aha moment?

Your daughter is an inspiration to me; please let her know she has an old Bible teacher making more time in the Word.

My 5:
1. Jesus Loves me...and He really knows me.
2. The joy of the Lord strengthens me daily.
3. I have family, friends, church family and though I'm a widow I am not alone in the natural or the spiritual.
4. My two children and their wonderful spouses.
5. My good health and strength.

Melanie said...

Yay for Kelly!
Congrats on #1!!!
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Laurie said...

Wow, that is fantastic about your daughter! Good to read your list and congrats on getting your article!

My ADHD Me said...

Yes, Yes everybody.
CK is doing 30X5.

We decided to do some of it together.

She WILL hold me accountable.

She will definitely do her 30X5.
Because of that (and probably ONLY because of that) I will do my 30X5.

SO, yep, that's me...thankful for accountability...yep...I am....really ...

My ADHD Me said...

Oh, and HOW COOL to see your name in print. Show me Friday...when we work on our 30X5....unless you would rather do it over lunch???? kidding ...sort of....

Susan said...

Isn't it fun to see an article in print? Enjoy it!

I love it that your daughter has purposed to read the Word. So sweet.

Have a great week!!

Greg C said...

I was going to say tell her to skip Revelations but I guess it is too late. I am about half way through it and I am thinking I will have nitemares tonight.

1. Rain today, washing the pollen away.
2. Children that still want to be around me.
3. A great sister.
4. My brother starting rehab.
5. Great blogging friends.

Mocha with Linda said...

Well, I can't let Lid outdo me in making you thankful! Check my blog! :-)

Jenny said...

Great list, congrats on the article.

God's girl said...

Awesome news about the article:) Yeah!!!!!!!

5 Things I'm thankful for:
1. That God loves me even with all my "warts" (no physical warts really!)
2. That God chose me even knowing all my "warts".
3. That God uses me despite my "warts".
4. That God speaks through me even though my "warts" are quite noticeable some days.
5. That I don't have to get rid of my "warts" myself.

Can you tell I'm having a "how-in-the-world-is-God-using-me-even- though-I-fail-Him" day??? I am so thankful for His grace that we so totally don't deserve yet he so freely invites us to be showered in it.

The Patterson 5 said...

Congrats on your article! You are working hard for the glory of the Lord...how wonderful to see your dreams come to fruition! Wonderful that Gigi loves God's word just like her Mom! What a wonderful role model has to follow...and also a promise coming to fruition! It is great to have a work out challenge and looks like you are up for it!

Runner Mom said...

I can't wait to read your article! Tell me where and when!Woohoo!

These are great things to be thankful for! ESpecially the one with your daughter wanting to read the Bible through also! Awesome!!

Hugs,
Susan

And after my post on Monday, I believe you know what I am thankful for!! Rabies vaccines!!!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Congrats on the article Kelly! You are a fabulous writer!

My Army Brats and Me said...

That is so wonderful. I am happy for you.

B His Girl said...

Kelly, your name in print and little girl reading His word...what blessings are coming your way.

seesawfaith said...

Big congrats on the article! That must be soooo wonderful!

Great list this week!

Edie said...

Hey congratulations on the article! Can I have your autograph. Oh wait... I created it. LOL!

Have missed you this week! Sorry I haven't been around. I'm organizing a demonstration in my area. It's keeping me busy.

I'll be back! You can't get rid of me that easy. :) I feel so out of the loop. :(

I will be emailing you too so keep your eye on the inbox.

Goodnight!

Mary Moss said...

YAY! So proud of you! I also love your list. It is wonderful to see our children emulating the positive things about us and our lives!

Yolanda said...

I can't imagine how you felt when you daughter challenged you with reading through the bible in a year, and how your heart soared.