Saturday, February 7, 2009

I Am A Christian

I didn't write this. But I believe it.

When I Say " I am a Christian"
by Carol Wimmer

When I say, "I am a Christian," I'm not shouting, "I've been saved!"
I'm whispering, "I get lost!" That's why I chose this way.
"When I say, "I am a Christian," I don't speak with human pride
I'm confessing that I stumble-needing God to be my guide.
When I say, "I am a Christian," I'm not trying to be strong
I'm professing that I'm weak and pray for strength to carry on.
When I say, "I am a Christian," I'm not bragging of success
I'm admitting that I've failed and cannot ever pay the debt.
When I say, "I am a Christian," I don't think I know it all
I submit to my confusion asking humbly to be taught.
When I say, "I am a Christian," I'm not claiming to be perfect
My flaws are far too visible but God believes I'm worth it.
When I say, "I am a Christian," I still feel the sting of pain
I have my share of heartache which is why I seek His name.
When I say, "I am a Christian," I do not wish to judge
I have no authority--I only know I'm loved.

Copyright 1988 Carol Wimmer


Chatty Kelly

13 comments:

My ADHD Me said...

I am a Christian.

Mary Moss said...

Count me in this too!

Wow!

Melanie said...

I've never seen this but I like it.
My name is Melanie and I am a Christian.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

This reminds me of something Glenn Beck might say. I like it.

Edie said...

I am a Christian too.

Tammy said...

I'm so grateful in who I am today,in how God has tranformed me that I CAN"T keep quiet!

I'm Christian and loving it!

HisPrincess said...

This is beautiful.

I am worship leading this month, do you mind if I use it?

Julie Gillies said...

Loved this, Kelly.

I so appreciate your bloggy friendship. You are authentic and just a tremendous blessing.

Are you going to She Speaks in 2009? I'm praying about it...

God's girl said...

I just love you!!! You are authentic and real and I love reading your posts!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Figured you needed a little building up after visiting me)

I can tell you and ADHDme are sisters:) lol. You really should feel honored because out of everyone's blogs, yours are the two that instantly came to mind (that means I like you, I really, really like you)

Edie said...

Ashleigh NEEDS Cici's jump rope lessons! HaHa!! But can we afford the lessons?? :D

Kay Martin said...

Love this; and I pray and think often before I open my mouth on who Jesus is to me. When I read of Jesus among people He was gentle yet strong and He met the people where they were. Sometimes we can get so caught up in our evangelism excellence we forget about the soul in front of us.

I had a book on naviagation title "Staying Found." I tell people that's what Jesus is to me; in spite of myself.

Keep it real and keep it coming, wonderful Kelly!!!

Marla said...

I am a Christian and I really like this!

Mrs. Sidney said...

I really like this.