Friday, March 25, 2011

Which Way?

Have you ever had too many ideas, and not sure which way to go? I have lots of blog ideas. I have titles and tidbits written on little pieces of paper. I have a sentence or two written in saved blog posts to remind me of what I want to blog about. And they are good ideas. Yet, I'm unable to pull these good ideas into a post. It's like I'm not in the "zone."

I know what I want to say, and almost how to say it. The words would fly from my finger tips onto the keyboard into a post that teaches a lesson while holding the readers interest, making them laugh, or contemplate or say "Oh, yes, I get that!"

I am thinking about skit writing, women's retreat talks, conferences, Spring Break, our family schedule, Bible study completing, and more. My mind is a jumble of thoughts. I need to step out, but on which path?

Like Martha in the Bible, I feel myself bothered about many things. But like Mary, I need to know that only one thing is needed. Only one thing is necessary. The One. I need to put my focus on Jesus. He will clear my thoughts. He will calm my soul. He will show me the way, because He is The Way.

Chatty Kelly

5 comments:

Sharon Sloan - Joy In The Truth said...

Amen Sister! Seek One Thing!

Psalm 27:4 - One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek Him in His temple.

Love, hugs and prayers,
Sharon

Loree Huebner said...

Great post!

I have these moments (or days) from time to time. Everything seems disjointed…unable to connect. I think it may have to do with the fact that we’re so busy in life - with family, work, church, friends, our home, and for me, always learning new technology or networking so I don’t fall behind.

Then there’s all the crazy things going on in the world today. It’s so distracting and can be very overwhelming at times to just listen to the nightly news. Our thoughts are moving so fast that we can’t finish them by the time we have to go on to something else.

Sometimes it shows in our prayers too. God knows we are busy, but we should never be too busy for Him. I’ve learned when I feel this way, to go to Him first. After a good visit with Jesus, I find my strength and focus. I’m able to “connect” again.

Have a great weekend!

2Thinks said...

I practically live in moments like these. I blame ADD tendencies now, but only b/c others have recently pointed out to me that this could be a valid diagnosis for my problem set.

Melanie said...

Oh, I DO get this!

Julie Gillies said...

Hi Kelly,

I WISH I had as many ideas as you apparently do. But I can totally relate to the pieces of paper laying all over my desk, cuz I'm a list-maker. I'm making every effort to focus on the ONE THING. And thanks for the reminder.

{And thank you for celebrating with me, my sweet, sweet friend! I can't wait to hug your neck at She Speaks!}