Monday, March 21, 2011

Help From My Friends, Beatles

Oh I get by with a little help from my friends...
Mmm, I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends.
Help From My Friends, Beatles, 1967

I hate asking for favors! Just the thought of that I can't do it myself in my fragile mind evokes the feeling of weakness, or worse, failure. I am (after all) woman - hear me roar! I can do anything, I am strong, I am invincible, I am woman! Okay, it's a Musical Monday WITHIN a Musical Monday! Where was I? Oh yes, getting by with a little help from my friends. Helen Reddy will be back with I am Woman another day. Today, it's the Beatles.

Last week with the death of my mother-in-law, and subsequent travel of my husband, I was forced to ask for help. Because the truth is, I'm not invincible. Only God is. I am flawed and in need of help, especially when my helpmate (husband) is gone.

I am thankful for Christian friends who come along side me, and help with meals, carpool, childcare and emotional support. It's been a hard week, no doubt. But I got by with a little help from my friends. I still don't like asking for help, but I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends.

Proverbs 27:10
Do not forsake your friend or a friend of your family, and do not go to your relative’s house when disaster strikes you— better a neighbor nearby than a relative far away.


Chatty Kelly

4 comments:

Sue J. said...

What would you do if I sang out of tune?.... You would help, my friend, because that's what friends do. I hope you find yourself grieving a little less as this new week begins, and if you need a little more help from your friends, know that we are here....

Loree Huebner said...

So true, Kelly, I don't like to ask for help either. Even when I really need it. I have found that it's very important to allow a friend to help when they offer...otherwise we steal away their gift of giving.

Gwen S said...

I also don't like to ask for help -- but I know that I have friends like you who have ALWAYS been there for me. I do more than get by -- I am blessed!

BARBIE said...

What would we do when life gets hard without our friends? I am so thankful for those God has placed around me to help during the hard seasons.