Friday, December 3, 2010

Date Night

I love my husband. But I can take him for granted at times. Even though I see him every morning and every evening, sometimes we don't make enough real time for each other. We become like room mates passing in the hall.

But then we schedule a "date night." We get a sitter, and I get "gussied up" just for him. Instead of my normal yoga pants or jeans, I put on something fancier. I ditch the tennis shoes for some pumps. When we go out for our "date night" we can look into each others eyes without interruption. We have real conversations, and renew our love for each other.

So, are you & God having a "date night?" I love God, but I can take Him for granted at times too! Even thought I see Him in everything I do, sometimes I don't make real time for Him.

But when I schedule a "date" with God, I make time to look into His Word, and have a real conversation with Him, I renew my love for Him. And I don't even have to change out of my yoga pants.

Why not schedule a date with God, and renew your love for Him?

Chatty Kelly

3 comments:

DidiLyn said...

Okay...that is an awesome comparison.
We had date night last night, so how important and needed it is, is fresh in my mind.
I'll remember this.
Thanks.
:-)

KrippledWarrior said...

And it pays back in dividends.

Pinkshoelady said...

Kelley I love this!!!!
MIke and I had a moment (not a whole night) like that last night. I love those times with God even more!
You made me smile tonight.