Thursday, December 9, 2010

Blog Carnival - My Tree


I'm participating in a blog carnival. That simply means someone had an idea to do something, and invited all the other bloggers to do it too, and link up. So in this case, the someone was Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee, the something is to share a photo of your Christmas tree, so I thought, Yes, I will! Tis the season.

So here is my tree, with my pups in front of it.



Okay, so it's mostly the pups. So here are a few more photos for your viewing pleasure.


Here is my nativity scene, which I love. Yes, the photo is date stamped 2008. Why take a new photo of it, when I had one in my file. But the tree photos above are from this year, really! The golden retriever was a puppy last year (just 3 months old) and is now a 72 pound one year old.

This is my porcelain church which sits next to the nativity. Another favorite.


One of the EXCITING things that happens in my neighborhood at Christmas is that SANTA comes on the firetruck. And last night happened to be the night he came and I taped it just for YOU. It's very exciting with lots of fire trucks, and Santa on top waving. My kids love this memory. One June we heard a fire truck siren in the distance, and my then 4 yr old said, "I think I hear Santa!" They equate the the sirens with Santa, and that isn't a bad thing.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TIME!

Chatty Kelly
Video of Santa: (If you receive my blog posts via email, you may have to visit my blog to view.)
www.chattykelly.com

11 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Lovely! There's something about dogs by Christmas trees that I just love! Thanks for participating, Kelly.

THE OLD GEEZER said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron

Susanne said...

Your picture of the dogs made me smile. Love how they are perfectly lined up with the tree.

The house on the corner used to have Santa and Mrs. Clause arrive on their roof!

Joyce said...

Santa comes thru my mom's neighborhood on a firetruck too-on Christmas Eve. I won't be at my moms this year so I'll miss it but we just watched video recently of my girls as toddlers leaping out of their skin when the siren was pulled. So cute!

My older sister and I still get really excited when that firetruck rolls around. Love the dogs in front of the tree...I need to get one of my dog in front of ours.

Sharon Sloan - Joy In The Truth said...

Great pix! Lots of sparkly lights on your tree! :) Christmas looks lovely at your house.

Hugs,
Sharon

Ginger said...

Kelly,
That is such a beautiful tree. Love your Nativity too.

Sue J. said...

Did Santa not have elves to pass out candy canes to good little girls at your house? It didn't look like the trucks stopped. The jolly man comes here on Tuesday night....

Kim said...

How pretty! I've been wanting a nativity scene forever but I'm holding out for a particular one so it could be a long wait :)

I used old photos too. Hope that doesn't count against us!

Merry Christmas!!!

Angie said...

Kelly! Santa came by on the fire truck in our neighborhood last night (Thursday!) I wondered, "Can she live anywhere near me?" So I checked out your web page and found you're willing to speak locally in VIRGINIA. Yep, we're somewhere near each other. I think it's so neat when random bloggers find out they're close in locale. Last year I found a new friend when I realized we were encountering the same major snow storms. :)

Anyway, thanks for sharing your tree and decorations. They're beautiful!

Donna said...

Love the picture of the dogs. I can't believe they just sat there, very cute.

Ronel Sidney said...

Great pictures!!