Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Random Dozen



Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee is hosting the random dozen today, and I couldn't resist participating.

1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?
Knock on wood, I am rarely ill. Whem I am, as long as you leave me to my sickness I am pleasant. Don't bother me, and I won't bother you.

2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?
Usually I'm really excited! A lazy day in PJs is just the thing. Playing in the snow is fun! However, in the past 13 days, my kids have gone to school twice. So, it's becoming less exciting each time, and school is closed again today for more snow!GO TO SCHOOL ALREADY!

3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?
Decorating! I can cook okay, and clean already, but my decor is nothing to write home about. I wish I could create a look for my home.

4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day?
See #3 above...that's a no.

5. What song is on your mind today?
What song isn't? My mind is nothing but a mix of songs all the time. I've been singing American Dream by Nitty Gritty Dirt band, because with all this snow, I'm thinking dreaming about Jamaica in the moon light (sandy beaches drinking rum every night!). And no, I've never really been there.

6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?
Contemporary. I love watching a good modern movie. There are exceptions...Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind, Sound of Music and the Christmas movie Miracle on 34th Street...adn all the Disney classics. Okay, I like all movies.

7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room.
It depends. I can be the queen of cool, but get with a good friend and I let it all hang out so to speak. But pretty much I can compartmentalize.

8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.)
His wit.

9. When was the last time your heart raced?
If I can't remember that means it was too long ago. Probably the last time I went to the gym, and it's been months!

10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?
I don't really remember anything about elementary Valentine's day. But then I've blocked out alot of my childhood...I mean compartmentalized it. ;-)

11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?
Godiva chocolates are the bomb! MMmmm. Or keeping it simple, a Hershey bar with almonds.

12. Red or pink?
This is the toughest question. Hot pink & red are my two favorite colors. But Hot Pink wins it!!! (If its pale pink - I go with red).

To visit more blogs participating in the Random Dozen, Visit Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee.

Chatty Kelly

15 comments:

Runner Mom said...

How fun!! THanks for sharing with us today! And, the decorating thing....go to Hobby Lobby or AC Moore and just grab a cutesy wreath--which should already be 50% off and put it on your front door. Your girls will love it!! End of decorating. See, that wasn't so hard!

hugs!
Susan

Mocha with Linda said...

You and me both on the pale pink!

And anyone visiting your blog would guess that you love hot pink! LOL

Nel said...

What fun answers! Glad you joined us. And about my husband making my heart race, you gotta remember we have only been married 3 1/2 years...lol.

until next time...nel

Joyce said...

It was fun to read your answers...I'm not bad at an overall look in my home but I'd love a decorator to come in and tweak it and help with the finishing touches.

Have a great day!

Jenny said...

Great Song, What I wouldn't give to be in Jamaica :) I have to agree Godiva chocolates are the bomb.

Susanne said...

Wow, do your kids have to make up that missed school at sometime? That's a lot of snow days!

When we went to the new mall in the big city last summer, they had a Godiva shop. I wanted to try them so bad but even the ones on the clearance table were so pricey that hubby took one look and out the door he went. I definitely will press him a little harder the next time we're in that mall. LOL.

Linda said...

Love your answers Kelly!

Edie said...

2. LOL! Not laughing at you just at your wit. LOL!

We're supposed to get snow tonight and tomorrow. We'll see. It's 8:00 pm and so far ZIP!

I got better at decorating after I signed up with Home Interiors as a consultant. I didn't make any money but I learned a little about decorating. Only a little.

I enjoyed this. :)

Barbie said...

I enjoyed getting to know you today! I too wish I had a knack for decortaing. I am envious of all of the beautiful decorated homes I see here in bloggy land. Until next time!

My ADHD Me said...

2. I am completely with you!!
5. "What song isn't?" haha
If you like Pina Coladas....
11. Chocolate? I never knew!
12. As usual, we are so alike and so different...I put Red and anything that isn't pink.

Re Thursday...2 hour delay is better than nothing!!

Sharon Sloan said...

Oh yes.....a simple Hershey Bar with Almonds!!!! My fave!!!!!
Being a PA gal, Hershey's is really the best tasting chocolate!

KrippledWarrior said...

So let me see if I got this right. 1. When you first met Mr. Chatty, he was telling a joke?
2. you go about cleaning your home in PJs?
3. You like chocolate with almonds?
4. You seldom run. But when you do, it's to get groceries?
5. And if you wore a leather jacket, it would be fluorescent pink?
Have a great and snowless Valentine's Day.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I figured you for a red girl. Thanks for playing along. Glad to know the decorating gene has been skipped or mutated in others, too. LOL

Judd Corizan said...

Hi Kelly-
I'm Judd Corizan from the meme Sunday Stealing. (http://sundaystealing.blogspot.com) I thought I'd take the time to invite you and all Random Dozen players to join us this and every Sunday. We have a group of great players who participate. We usually post by 3PM Eastern time on Saturdays.

Thanks!
Judd

Beverlydru said...

Linda comes up with the most imaginative questions...week after week. I enjoy reading the asnwers! You know the weather is bonkers when it snows in Florida. Crazy!