Monday, November 16, 2009

W.W.K.D?

What would be the worst insult you could receive inadvertently, that is without the person intending to insult you? Well, "When are you due?" if you're not pregnant is certainly in the top 10 of this category. However, for me if an acquaintance or friend said to me "Oh, I didn't know you were a Christian." I hope that I am living my life so that people cannot help but see Jesus.

Likewise, what is the best compliment you could receive? "Are you losing weight?" is a good one, true. But for someone to say they see Jesus in you, I can think of no greater gift.

I am close with someone who believes in God, but (without putting words in her mouth), I think she would say she doesn't have a personal relationship with him. She is learning. She says that at times when presented with a situation and she doesn't know what to do, she remembers the arm bands that came out a while ago that say "W.W.J.D. -- What would Jesus do?"

The problem is, she says sometimes she doesn't know what Jesus would do. She can't call up scripture to help her in a situation. So, she told me, she thinks "What would Kelly do?" Because she knows me well, she knows what I would do. She knows I would be trying to do what Jesus would.
Obviously reading the Bible is best. But it's said that 1 person may read the Bible, while 99 read the Christian. Try to live your life today so they know what Jesus would do because of you.
Matthew 5:16 -- In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Matthew 7: 16-18, 20 -- By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.... Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Today we talked about how nice it is to "Be Jesus" for someone.
Tomorrow, we'll cover why it's not always a good thing to "Be Jesus" for someone.
Chatty Kelly

15 comments:

LisaShaw said...

AMEN! I appreciate your sharing this.

Hugs and love.

B His Girl said...

What would Kelly do? That puts a whole new look on the braclet! Your friend watching how you walk. How interesting she shared that. I have no doubt she is seeing God Presence in how you step. B

T. Anne said...

How sweet of your friend! What an impact you have, even on me. OXOX

Andrea said...

Kelly,
What a compliment. How honored you must feel, yet overwhelmed as your friend measures her decision based upon the GOD she sees through you. You are a sweetheart and I know you are a faithful, loving, kind witness to this woman. Otherwise, she would not regard your choice as important. You are an awesome friend and soldier for Christ. Keep on being you! This is evidence of the living vessel you are for CHRIST!
Blessings and hugs, andrea

Greg C said...

I love getting compliments like that. When people ask me how long I have been a Christian I know I must be living right. :)

Jeff and Valerie Carr said...

what a compliment of your ministry and challenge all at the same time!

Blessings!
Valerie

Irritable Mother said...

Ah, yes. That is what I want.
I want to point people to Jesus because they see Him in me. I want to look that much like Him!

Edie said...

"But for someone to say they see Jesus in you, I can think of no greater gift." Me TOO!

Then we might be able to redirect their focus to the Bible to develop their personal relationship with Jesus.

Keep living like Jesus would Kelly. You are a great example!

Blasé said...

I would like to see a professing christian respond with a WWJD reaction when someone walks up and slaps them in the face. That would separate the talkers from the walkers. When a person experiences a Fox's Book of Martyrs kind of test, then the WWJD would prove itself. Just keepin' it real.

Yet, you are surely someone I would send another your way for guidance and encouragement.

Sharon@JoyInTheTruth said...

It's great when people know we are abiding in Christ and His Word, so they can ask us what Jesus would do. What an opportunity to share scripture with them and open God's Word with them. I think sometimes people are intimidated by the Bible if they are just beginning.

What Would Kelly Do? I know...point you to Jesus and open His Word!

:)

Linda said...

You are so right, someone being surprised that you are a Christian is really not something you want to hear! Your friend sees Jesus in you. ; )

KrippledWarrior@gmail.com said...

All Christians are being watched. Unfortunately we only hear about the ones who stumble.
Be well and be blessed.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

WWKD is a tremendous, tremendous compliment. I know it's a big responsibility, but well done, friend!

Heart2Heart said...

Kelly,

This is a great post! Too often we fail to recognize that we need people to see our fruit in our lives and therefore see Jesus working within our lives. Too often we worry too much about what people think instead of what we should be doing instead.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Lea said...

What would Kelly do?
I keep thinking of someone saying, "Oh I didn't know you were a christian."

I gotta see what part two says