Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Summer's Over....

Today is the First Day of School in Virginia - -
(with my apologies to Sandy, Danny & the cast of Grease)
D1 = 9 yr old daughter, D2 = 4 yr old Daughter

Summer Loving - Had us a blast!
Summer Loving - it went by so fast.
Have 2 girls, they're crazy 'bout me.
Got 1 boy - well, he's my hubby.

Summer days drifting away
To, uh oh, those summer nights

Well-a, well-a, well-a, uh!
Tell me more, tell me more
We didn't go very far...Tell me more, tell me more
To Nags Head in the car.

D1 swam by me, did the pool (not a camp.)
She ran by me, got my suit damp.
Saved D2's life, she nearly drowned
when she showed off splashing around.

Summer sun, vacation begun
But, uh oh, those summer nights
Well-a, well-a, well-a, uh!
Tell me more, tell me more
We fly our new kite
Tell me more, tell me more
now they're starting to fight.

Summer screams don't mean a thing
But, uh oh, those summer nights
Tell me more, tell me more
The days start to lag
Tell me more, tell me more
(my summer sounds like a drag.)

Summers dragging, I need a hand(ah)
Hit the movies, saw Kung Fu Panda.
Saw Kit Kittridge, on the big screen
How long 'til school starts? You know what I mean.
Summer heat, for ice cream we meet
But, uh oh, those summer nights
(Tell me more, tell me more)
(How much dough did I spend?)
(Tell me more, tell me more)
(Can they go to a friends?!)

shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop,
shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop, shoo-bop bop,
shoo-bop bop, YEH

It got colder, that's where it ended.
So I told them, they'd make new friends
at school where they'll learn 'bout vowels.
Wonder what they're doing now?

Summer dreams ripped at the seam
oh, ah! Mom's got free time now - SCREAM!!!!

(and that my friends, is a scream of joy! Wahoo!)

15 comments:

The Patterson 5 said...

That song brings me back! I think I'll pull out my Candies (shoes)-and sing the rest of the songs!

How fun! Hope ya'll have a fabulous first day!

Truth4thejourney said...

Don't think you'll miss them while there gone? Hope they enjoy school this year, and I hope you enjoy all of that free time. :)

Chatty Kelly said...

Missing them - One will be home at noon, the other at 2:30 - I think I might live. :-)

I will think of them all day and pray pray pray for their well being, safety, joy, right decision making. And then we'll have muffins this afternoon and share about our days.

Absense makes the heart grow fonder.

Sue J said...

I know "my adhdme" is working up a parody for your parody....I can just sense it. I need Grease for my Hot Rod Linkin'....

As I've been writing this morning, BOO-HOO! I was so not going to be a boo-hoo'er, but as I shared with a mutual friend, you don't know what you're going to do until that moment comes. So, I'm on everyone's blogs getting through my boo-hoo's.

All D#2 could say this morning was "You're the one that I want--you, you, you, Mommy!" But then the "Greased Lightnin'" bus pulled up and the kids on the bus said shoo-bop-bop, shoo-bop-bop, etc.

When we got our first VCR (a borrowed player from my dad's college where he taught, I think), Grease and Star Wars were the only two tapes we had--for years!

Thanks for the memories--a hanky for my boo-hoo's. OK, I'm going to the grocery store now....must keep busy, must keep busy.... BOO!

HisPrincess said...

It's funny for me to be reading about your summer ending when we are just starting to get excited about spring.

We are a summer loving family and we can't wait for the water sports to begin!

I loved your song. Great job, really clever, I'd give you an award if I knew how but hey, I've only just worked out how to link! Baby steps!

My ADHD Me said...

School is the word...is the word...is the word...is the word.........

Tammy R said...

Love the song,you are so talented!

On Purpose said...

This is too cute! Your are one gifted girl!

Starr said...

Loved it!!
Starr

Edie said...

LOL - You are funny girl... and so musical! :D

Hope you enjoy your moments of silence, they will be brief and you can hug the kids again and hear of their day's adventures.

Julie Gillies said...

You're a WONDER of talent, woman! ;) I'll be singing that song the live-long day.

Enjoy your time, my dear. And think of me - home schooling one, picking up the other who's car died. Maybe I'll head over to your place for some tea and a nap...

Mrs. Sidney said...

That is cute!!

Runner Mom said...

That is just too adorable!! I was singing right along with you, girlfriend!

Hope they had a great first day!!

So, what are you going to do with all of your free time--heehee!??

Love ya,
Susan

Rebecca Ingram Powell said...

Adorable!

I hate to see summer end--although it is not officially over for me mentally until the final game of the World Series...

Bonita said...

I had no idea we had such musical talent in our midst. That final scream is one thing that homeschooliing moms just don't get to do. The start of school doesn't look that much different from the start of summer around here.