Monday, September 1, 2008

Holiday Fun

Happy Labor Day! In honor of Labor Day, I'm taking the day off so to speak. I have been tagged & awarded over the weekend, so I'll fill you in on that for fun. Tomorrow I have a funny back to school blog. Wednesday I'll be blogging and wanting to hear your thoughts on a controversial subject, and Friday will be my regular devotional style.

First, Runner Mom has listed my blog as the recipient of the Arte y Pico award. I'm just tickled that she chose my blog based upon creativity, design, interesting material, and contribution to the blogger community. I couldn't begin to pick 5 to give it to in return. I love all of your blogs. Several of you have recently updated your blogs with new pictures, new layout, new guest bloggers, new graduate certificates...I couldn't possible pick just 5. But if I had to pick just 1, I'd pick Edie at Rich Gifts, who's shares the beauty of her blog in free scripture tags, and cool certificates and encouragement for friends. She doesn't just make her own blog beautiful, but she shares that beauty with others for their own blogs.

Speaking of Edie , she tagged me for an Alphabet story and the A-Z of me! She shares her A-Z and asks me to do the same on my blog. I'm not tagging anyone, but if you want to play along, feel free to add the A-Z of YOU to your blog.

Attached or Single? Attached, married for 12 years!
Best Friend? Jesus
Cake or Pie? Cake
Day of Choice? Saturday
Essential Item? Coffee maker and of course computer. :-)
Flavor of Ice cream? Starbucks Java Chip
Gummy Bears or Worms? How about the gummy coke bottles?
Hometown? I don't tell such information - the internet stalkers might get me
Indulgences? Starbucks coffees
January or July? July...January is waaayy to cold.
Kids? 2 precious girls
Last Movie I saw in a Theater? Kit Kittridge - American Girl...did I mention I have 2 daughters?
Middle Name? That whole internet stalker thing prohibits me from sharing.
Number of Siblings? 3
Oranges or Apples? How about a strawberry?
Phobia or Fear? Depends on what we're talking about...there is no fear for those in Christ Jesus
Quote? "Faith is believing when common sense tells you not to." Miracle on 34th Street.
Reason to Smile? Why not?
Tag: Whoever wants to play.
Unknown Fact About Me? I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animals? Um, clearly this a-z quiz was written by a vegetarian. I like steak, I guess I oppress animals. And I don't hug trees either!
Worst Habit? Making bad jokes.
Xrays or Ultrasounds? What?? I guess Ultrasound...and it's a girl! (NOT).
Your favorite Food? Chinese, pizza, chocolate...I like food!
Zodiac? Sign of the Cross - Jesus freak. (I don't do the zodiac).

Have a great Labor Day!
Psalm 62:1 -- My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

9 comments:

The Patterson 5 said...

Have a wonderful Labor day with your family! Congrats on your award! Looking forward to your back to school story!

My ADHD Me said...

I like your answers. We have the same favorite quote, (I didn't know that!).
We ALSO have the same number of siblings!....go figure!

Sue J said...

Labor Day means you're supposed to take the day off--didn't you say that? Oh...maybe that's why you were up late last night ;-)

Looking forward to a great week of your blogs!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I enjoyed getting to know you better. And, I do think Jesus was joyful. Maybe not deliriously happy on the outside all the time, but that deep joy--he had to know that as well as compassion and faithfulness to his work on earth. I'm sorry to read about your complicated relationship with your mother, but you are right; perhaps that will speak to someone today.

Edie said...

You're so sweet. You have such an encourager's heart and I have so enjoyed becoming friends. Wow, the sole recipient of an award. I'm honored. :) I would give a speech but it wouldn't hold a candle to the one that someone posted on my blog. :)

I'm looking forward to your funny back-to-school post cause I love to laugh (it's good medicine, did you hear?) and I'm looking forward to your controversial (did you have to look that word up?) subject cause I'm opinionated. :)

Nice segway into the A-Z. Love the quote, It will be going on my fav quote list. Great answer for the Zodiac. Thanks for playing along, I very much enjoyed the read.

Enjoy your day off!

Edie said...

controversial - I meant the spelling NOT the meaning, cause I would have. :)

Mrs. Sidney said...

Have a great day!!

Truth4thejourney said...

This was fun to read, and I fully agree that Edie deserves that award! She is such a giving lady! I love the scripture tags.

Happy Labor Day!
Love,
Sonya

HisPrincess said...

Maybe we could start a support group for oppressors of animals!

My name is Sharon...and I eat animals.