Monday, August 25, 2008

God - So Fabulous!

About a month ago, I blogged about my "ministry so fabulous" (stealing my title from another website by the same title). I was searching for direction from God about whether to continue my bible study for stay home moms at my former church.

Sunday we visited my former church. It was good to see all of my old friends and there were hugs all around. Pastor T., whom we adore, is leaving the church as we did. This was his final sermon there, and we didn't want to miss it.

It was hard to go back. In some ways, it reminded me of what we were missing at our new church, like the awesome praise and worship music. In other ways, it reminded me of what we have gained, like an awesome children's ministry. It felt odd to be there. I was not sure where I fit in anymore.

But God answered my prayer, right while I was standing there. Pastor B., who is taking over the ministries under Pastor T. asked me if I was going to continue my ministry there. He encouraged me to do so, asking what he could do to facilitate it and even offering to reserve the room for me! He wanted to find out more about the group, so he could send more women my way. This was the most encouragement I'd ever received regarding my group there. (And I've been there for 9 years!)

To be perfectly transparent, I had never connected with Pastor B. Not that we didn't get along, but he ministered to families with middle schoolers and older kids. My kids were in the younger children's group, so Pastor B. & I never really interacted. So to get all the positive feedback from him, was more a sign from God than if Pastor T. had said so.

So in the words of my former blog posting, I will continue my ministry so fabulous there. Because really, who am I not to be fabulous, gorgeous, talented and brilliant? Well, I'm not. But I serve a God who is!

Jeremiah 33:2,3 -- "This is what the LORD says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it—the LORD is his name: 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

Psalm 17:6 -- I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer.

Matthew 21:22 -- If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

11 comments:

Truth4thejourney said...

YEAH! I am so glad that God has opened the door with a sign that says enter here! I love when He leads us with such clarity. Praise God.

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

That's really neat that God was speaking so clearly to you about this!! I'm sure it was a tough call though!!

Bonita said...

I'm so glad God gave you such clear confirmation and that you can continue the ministry with a renewed confidence and knowing that you have full support from the church. Cool!

My ADHD Me said...

Looks like I'm going to have to break down and check my email for info on the Bible study. (which now probably has over 400 unread emails....thanks to blogging). I'm glad you're teaching again.
P.S. Yes, I thought about you when I sat down and figured out how to do Mr Linky. But I was looking at the big picture and was thinking about all the comments you would get the next post....JK

Tammy R said...

God is so good!

He always knows right where to put us.

Runner Mom said...

Wow! Don't you just love how God has HIS moments when we least expect it? I am so glad that the new pastor felt that gentle push from the Lord to talk to you about your "ministry so fabulous"! I can't wait to hear about it.

Thanks so much for the link! I'm going to look at it after lunch! You can email me at scrunnermom@gmail.com!Have a great day!
Hugs,
Susan

Julie Gillies said...

This is so cool, Kelly. Right after the Tuesday Tips let-down, you receive obvious encouragement and direction from the Lord to continue in women's ministry. God is faithful!

You go, girl!

On Purpose said...

Don't you just love to hear His voice! May you be blessed this year through your commitment to God while serving in this ministry!

HisPrincess said...

So glad that you have received such positive and clear direction!

God is in control!

Edie said...

That is so Awesome. Wow what encouragement too! God is always taking care of things... Always!

Starr said...

FYI, you ARE fabulous, beautiful, talented and brilliant!!!
Love ya,
Starr