Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fame, Part 2

Remember my name, (Fame).
I'm gonna live forever,
I'm gonna learn how to fly, (High).
Fame, Irene Cara, 1980


Early this year I wrote a blog post about "Fame." I wanted people to remember my name, so to speak. I want to take my writing to the next level. I wanted "fame."

Recently in one of my devotionals, I read these words of God from Jeremiah 45:5, "Should you then seek great things for yourself? Do not seek them." The devotional went on to say that Baruch (the person who the Lord addressed in the verse) was worried about his own safety, and he was also looking for FAME somehow. Wow. The fact that the devotional used that word hit me hard.

While we all want to be noticed, it is enough to be noticed by God! My name is written in the book of life (Rev 20:15), and inscribed in God's very hands! (Isaiah 49:16).

I don't need fame. I don't need people to know my name.
I need Jesus! He knows my name.




Chatty Kelly

3 comments:

Scott said...

It is humbling when God says that He will share His glory with no one. Instead of our own fame, our desire should be for His fame to be spread throughout the earth. Thanks for the reminder, Kelly!

A multi-dimensional life said...

What a wonderful reminder!
Who has ever or can ever do greater things that our Lord. Let His name be known to all. Blessings!

Sharon Sloan - Joy In The Truth said...

Amen Sister! The greatest in the kingdom is the servant of all. The quiet, humble, often behind-the-scenes servant. And He, HE exalts the humble!

Isaiah 42:8 - "I am the LORD; that is My name! I will not yield My glory to another..."