Friday, February 25, 2011

The Tight Rope Walker

Once there was a tightrope walker. He strung a rope across the Grand Canyon as a large crowd gathered. "Who believes I can walk across the canyon on this rope?" The crowd cheered, "We do!" The man easily walked across on the rope.

Next he asked, "Who believes I can walk across the canyon on this rope, carrying a chair?" The crowd again cheered, "We do!" Again, the man easily walked across the rope, this time carrying the chair.

Next he asked "Who believes I can walk across the canyon on this rope, carrying a chair with another person sitting in it?" The crowd cheered, louder than ever, "We do!"

Then the man asked, "Who is willing to sit in the chair?" The stunned crowd went silent.

It's easy to say you believe in God. But true belief means you are willing to sit in the chair. Do you believe?

Chatty Kelly

4 comments:

Diane said...

I've heard that one before but not likened to our faith in God. Good one! :O)

Gwen S said...

Cool! Reminds me of the Aesop with the mice wanting to put the bell on the cat. Great reminder about faith.

Susan said...

Now that was awesome!! Thanks♥

My ADHD Me said...

WAHAHA! That was excellent!