Monday, February 21, 2011

Love is Alive, Gary Wright

There's a mirror moving inside my mind
Reflecting the love that you shine on me
Hold on now to that feeling
Let it flow, let it grow, yeah, yeah
Love is Alive, Gary Wright, 1976

In a recently Bible study, the pastor asks how we would describe God's holiness to someone. After some thought I came up with this: We are the moon, Jesus is the Sun; we shine only when we reflect Jesus. You see, even though the moon is the brightest object in the night sky, it does not make its own light. The light we see from the moon is actually sunlight that is reflected from the moon's surface.

Such is the goodness people see in us. When we have Jesus in our life, we reflect his light. There's a mirror moving inside my mind, reflecting the love that you shine on me. Hold on now to that feeling. Let it flow, let it grow, yeah, yeah. The more time we spend growing in relationship with Jesus, by reading the Bible and in prayer, the more we grow, and the more that reflected love flows from us.

Jesus is alive. His love for us is alive. And we should love him with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. We should be singing the chorus, "My heart is on fire. My soul's like a wheel that's turnin'. My love is alive, my love is alive."

With Jesus in your life, your love will be alive. You soul will be alive. And most importantly, you will live. Jesus brings eternal life for us. Love Jesus, and live.

(I have some friends who "need more cowbell" in their Musical Mondays. So today is for them. Watch the video to get more cowbell.) *Those who receive this post via email will not be able to see the video without logging into http://www.chattykelly.com *




Chatty Kelly

3 comments:

Kelly Combs said...

What's not to love about this video? Electric pianos, back up singers in karate outfits, his boots...AND COWBELL!

Wow.

Sue J. said...

So glad God elected me to grow up in the 1970s! Those outfits look more like PJs. And that poor cowbell--looks like it's got duct tape on it!?

Praise God His love is alive!

My ADHD Me said...

Amazing isn't it? You just NEVER can have too much cowbell!!