Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Un-Sin Me

"Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;" Psalm 51:7a

"Un-sin me." That is the literal translation for "Cleanse me" in Psalm 51 above. It is David's humble prayer for forgiveness and cleansing that he wrote after Nathan came to him after David had committed adultery with Bathsheba.

Un-sin me! What a great phrase to pray to God. I think as Christians, our view point of forgiveness is often like giving someone a "re-do" or "do-over." But in God's view, forgiveness is not a re-do, it's an un-do! He literally takes away our sins. As a sinner, I can barely wrap my mind around that.

But join me over at Titus 2 in Action, as I try. And let me know your thoughts as well.

Titus 2 in Action


Chatty Kelly

2 comments:

KrippledWarrior said...

succinctly stated for a very complex idea. Your gifts are showing.

Melanie said...

I've never heard it put that way before, Kelly. That's eye opening.