Friday, June 25, 2010

Master Plan

A Master plan is defined as a general plan or program for achieving an objective. I am a master planner. I plan my days, my schedule, my life very specifically.

A friend recently updated their facebook status with a quote from the book Jesus Calling. It said, "Glorifying and enjoying Me is a higher priority than maintaining a tidy, structured life. Give up your striving to keep everything under control - an impossible task and a waste of precious energy."

A tidy, structured life is so much what I have longed to create for myself; usually failing. I love the next line, "Give up your striving to keep everything under control." Give it up? Me???

You know, it's good to have a Master Plan. But what I am finding is that it is better to trust the Master's plan. Amen.

Proverbs 19:21 -- Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

Chatty Kelly

3 comments:

Beth in NC said...

So true Kelly! It seems my plans never go the way I had hoped anyway. God's ways are always different from mine.

Happy Friday!
Beth

Carmen said...

Oh Kelly...how I relate to you there! I'm a converted neat freak...cos I married a messy. Oh, but I love him so...so we both had some changing to do. God, in His wisdom knows just what we need, and His plans always prevail! Thank goodness!

2Thinks said...

From one control freak to another- you nailed it baby.