Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday - 10/29

My 5 things this week:

1. I'm thankful that my oldest daughter is better and at school this week. We got to spend 5 days of quality time together when she was out of school sick last week.

2. I'm thankful that now I get to spend lots of quality time with my younger daughter, as she is home sick this week. (!) Oh yes, she is. Her fever was 103.8 and I am so thankful that she is feeling better and her fever is now more managable.

3. Thankful for friends who have been helping me out by doing little ins and outs for me while I'm stuck at home (like picking up a supply my oldest needed at school, or delivering a meal to me).

4. I'm thankful that I'm going out to dinner with a girlfriend tonight. I need a night out, and it will be fun to eat & be merry. I'm thankful that my husband is going to stay with the kids and let me step out for a couple of hours.

5. I'm thankful that we get our puppy on Saturday. The girls CANNOT wait!

What are you thankful for? Leave a comment or write a post and link up at Truth for the Journey by clicking the button below.


Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Chatty Kelly

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Praying for your little one. I hope you enjoy your evening out and I know you will enjoy your puppy. As always, you have a beautiful thank you list!

Blessings, hugs, and prayers, andrea

KelliGirl said...

Oh, Kelly what a wonderful attitude you have! Not sure I'd see sickness as quality time spent with my children.

Hooray for your puppy. I CAN'T WAIT to see pictures of your new bundle of fur. Get ready for a wild ride!

Thanks for making my heart smile.

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Praying all are well quickly! It's important that even in the midst of the storms you are able to find and see the God in things.

Love you!
Sonya

Greg C said...

When this is all over I am going to take a "Me" day. I think I really deserve it. I think my wife is starting to get sick now. :(

Diane said...

Also thankful for healing in this house of flu symptoms. I'm on the mend. :O)

Ronel Sidney said...

AWESOME!!!

Heart2Heart said...

Kelly,

I am thankful that you have managed to stay healthy taking care of everyone that has been ill.

What kind of puppy are you getting?

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Nancy M. said...

Great things to be thankful for! I am glad to hear everyone is feeling better!

Sharon@JoyInTheTruth said...

Oh enjoy your time out tonight! Savor every moment and every morsel. :)

Kudos to hubby!

Kudos to your angel friends!

Edie said...

I am thankful that God is still on His throne!

I would be excited about that puppy too! Maybe I will have to pay a visit. :)

Hope you're feeling better.

My ADHD Me said...

Hope everyone is feeling better.
Also hope all went well on Annie's first few days (and nights) at her new home.

Going to the dentist. Hopefully I'll be thankful for no cavities!